Have you ever needed a card QUICK? Check out today’s 15 Minute WOW Card. Really! But there is one catch. You have to be prepared. I have mentioned in several posts that I stamp, die-cut or emboss extra pieces. When you are in a hurry to make a card, this preparation makes it easy.
HOW I ORGANIZE MY PIECES AND PARTS STASH
- Cut and Score Card Bases in my most used Neutrals (Thick Whisper White, Thick Very Vanilla, Shimmery White, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black)
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ (I find that these stand up better when my recipient displays the card!)
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Cut Card Panels from (Thick Whisper White, Thick Very Vanilla, Shimmery White, and Basic Black)
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- 3-3/4″ x 5″
- 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Cut Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (Hey, that’s the same size as an Artist Trading Card!)
- Die-cuts are stored in Clear 6″ x 8″ Cellophane bags and kept inside the stamp case
- Some of my most used sentiments like Happy Birthday, Thank You and Congratulations are embossed, cut and kept in a shallow bin on my shelf
- And then, like everyone else, I have the odd bits pushed aside on my worktable. These bits come in handy.
And I am guessing that you are wondering how I organize all these pre-cuts? I keep mine in the clamshell cases that our Stampin’ Up! stamps were packaged in before the fabulous new cases. I also picked up several of the clear organizer storage bins that work perfectly. You can find these bins at WalMart, TJMax, Target, or any other box store.
So, to be fair, I only had to emboss the vellum and punch my shapes, run a quick die-cut of the vines and find the sentiment in the bin. Which made creating this card a little less than 15 minutes.
Here is my 15 Minute WOW Card
FIND YOUR JOY
Where does your joy come from? Is it pulling out stamp sets and combining elements? Or maybe just using all the products in a suite of products? Is it in the number of cards that you can make in a sitting? Perhaps adding sequins and sparkles makes you happy. The most important part of creating is not to worry.
WHERE TO BEGIN WHEN YOU ARE IN A HURRY
Sometimes all I make are card fronts. I start my card fronts in 1 of 3 ways depending on my time and mood.
- Stamp set: stamp and then die-cut or fussy cut the images.
- Designer Series Paper: Awesome inspiration of color, shape and sometimes the theme.
- Background technique: Want to try a watercolor wash? Grab Shimmery White and Watercolor paper card and play. Do you have the Pigment Sprinkles but have not used them yet? Go for it! How about a grunge layered stamping? Now is the time to try. Do not throw your experiments out. SAVE THEM. Use them to die-cut words or elements.
But remember that inspiration can come from the fabulous samples in the Stampin’ Up! catalogs or by searching the internet. You are not alone in this craft! We have such an awesome community of Stampin’ Up! stampers. I would love for you to join my community at Murray Stamps, Ink as either a team member or a customer. Please reach out and let me help you get the most from your time and money.
I Believe You Can create as well as any designer out there. Find your crafting ritual. And until next time….Do Something Creative Every Day!
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020, and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.