One of my favorite stamp sets from 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog is the Sea of Textures. It was carried over into the 2019-2020 Stampin Up! Annual Catalog so have another opportunity to possess it! I think the octopus and all the seaweed images are fabulous. An I have really been in an ocean kind of mood. So, I pulled out the Sea of Textures stamp set and coordinating dies and headed to the crafting table.
HOW TO CREATE THE CARD
- Sea of Textures stamp set (#151267)
- Under the Sea dies (#146334)
- Cardstock: Pool Party (#122924), Pretty Peacock (#150880) – Hey they are both double ‘P’ words – cool
- Ink: Pretty Peacock (#150083), Pumpkin Pie (#147086) – These are double ‘P’ words too. Should we read something into this?
- Clear Epoxy Droplets (#147801)
- Copper Metallic Thread (retired)
- left over pieces from the June 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit
- Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430), Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (#144108)
- Tools: Paper Snips (#103579), Acrylic Block, Take Your Pick (#144107), Bone Folder (#102300), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334)
I stamped the octopus with Pumpkin Pie on Thick Whisper White and die cut it out. I use the thicker cardstocks if I am going to put them on dimensionals. Then cut a couple pieces of Pool Party cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ and 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. I stamped the sentiment “You’re one of a kind” in a somewhat straight line several times for the background with the Pretty Peacock ink on the smaller piece of Pool Party cardstock.
Now for the fun part, using a light light touch blend some Pool Party ink on the edges of the stamped piece. Then take your scissors, open them up and scrape the edges (be careful). This will rough up the edge and give it a nice texture.
Now put a little adhesive on the back of the octopus. Roll some Copper Metallic Thread on 2 or 3 fingers about 5-6 loose loops and press into the adhesive. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the octopus and place it on your stamped/inked/textured background. I grabbed 2 of the pieces from the Paper Pumpkin and using glue dots wedged them behind the octopus until it was pleasing to me. Add some Clear Epoxy dots and you are good to go.
Here is the finished card.
How about clicking over the my Stampin’ Up! Shop to purchase these and other wonderful Stampin’ Up! products to create a card for someone in your life.
Placing an order today? The answer is a resounding YES! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add this Host Code – PEWAVHPU – when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team. Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,