I am super excited to show you more Cottage Rose Bundle and Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP). Did you know that one of the Cottage Flower dies actually die-cuts lots of the little images from a sheet of Abigail Rose DSP? This sheet to be exact.
“WooHoo”, said I. And I proceeded to die-cut all the pieces from one sheet of the DSP. Then I tapped my fingers together and said, “Let’s create.”
Here is the sweet card that resulted from the pile of pieces and parts.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Kraft notecards & envelopes
- Petal Pink cardstock: 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock: 3″ x 4-1/2″ (x2)
- Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP):
- Ledger: 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″ & 1″ x 2″
- Sheet of floral images (backside of leger)
- STAMP SET
- Cottage Rose
- DIES / PUNCHES
- Cottage Flowers dies
- Blossoming Happiness dies
- EMBOSSING FOLDER / POWDER
- Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder
- INKS & MARKERS
- Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Watercolor Pencils
- Blender Pen
- OTHER SUPPLIES
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: Linen Thread
- Adhesives: Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Cut & Emboss Machine w/ Specialty Plate
- Paper Trimmer & Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Die-cut lots of floral and leaf images using the Cottage Flower dies on the Abigail Rose DSP as shown above.
- Layer the ledger and Petal Pink cardstock.
- Use the Blossoming Happiness spiral edge die to die-cut the top of both Very Vanilla cardstock panels. And the Ledge/Petal Pink layer to it.
- With a light hand, use the watercolor pencils to add tint to the large flower and leaves. Blend the pencil lines with the Blender Pen. I used Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, and Granny Apple Green watercolor pencils.
- Stamp the sentiment on the 1″ x 2″ ledger piece.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the large flower and the sentiment. TIP: Do not remove the protective backing from the Dimensionals until you are ready to adhere the pieces to the panel.
- Layer and tuck (yes, that is a thing). I put the big piece down first and then arrange the other pieces. When I get it to my liking, I take a picture. Then it is time to adhere the pieces to the panel.
- Wrap some Linen Thread around the top of the panel and tape it to the back. Make a double bow with the Linen Thread and attach it with a Glue Dot.
- Emboss the front of the Kraft Note Card with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the panel and add to the embossed notecard.
FINISH WITH A FLARE
- Add a super cute Brushed Brass Butterfly.
- Those extra Abigail Rose flower & leaf die-cuts are perfect for embellishing the card insert and the envelope.
MORE TO COME
Tomorrow is the InKing Royal Blog Hop. Come back for more of my Abigail Rose Suite creations. Then Hop over to some pretty awesome projects by the InKing Royal Team. I will, of course, have all the links set up to make it super easy!
Side Note: I do not have the new Magnetic Plate for the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. I have heard that it is the cat’s pajamas. It will be on my next order and I will let you know what I think.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
and BE AWESOME!
BRUSHED BRASS BUTTERFLIES #158136 $10
Add metallic flair to your projects with the Brushed Brass Butterflies. These adhesive-backed embellishments are the perfect accent to your card-making projects. Simply place a cluster of butterflies on your card and you’re golden!
* 80 adhesive-backed pieces
* 40 each of 2 sizes: 5 mm, 7 mm