Glad you stopped by today. I know I promised no more Honey Bee Bundle cards. But technically, this is not a card. Well, kind of a card but not…. LOL! Several folks have messaged me about the sneak peek of the Vintage Bee Artist Trading Card (ATC). If you sign-up for the ATC SWAP you will get one. Is that enticement enough?
Since I am so nice, here is a quick tutorial on creating the Vintage Bee ATC.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Pear Pizzaz Cardstock (ATC base): 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ and scrap for sentiment
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: scrap for stamping hive
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: scrap for bee die-cut
- Basic Black Cardstock: scrap for bee backing
- Sahara Sand Cardstock: scrap for honeycombs
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp Very Versailles words randomly onto the ATC base. TIP: Ink the stamp with Soft Suede then dab the edges with a rag to blur the edges.
- Fill in a couple of spots with a small stamp element from Positive Thoughts stamp set. I stamped this ‘full strength’.
- Sponge Sahara Sand cardstock with Daffodil Delight and randomly stamp with images from the Honey Bee stamp set using Soft Suede ink. Any images will work here.
- Die-cut honeycomb from altered Sahara Sand in step 3.
- Stamp hive with Daffodil Delight on Daffodil Delight cardstock and die-cut.
- Stamp bee in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White Thick cardstock and die-cut. TIP: I double layered bee on black.
- Stamp sentiment on Pear Pizzaz cardstock with Soft Suede ink and fussy cut entire sentiment. HINT: Move the paper when cutting and slowly close the snips. No rush here. 🙂
- Cut sentiment apart.
- Sponge all the pieces created in steps 1-8 with Soft Suede ink.
- Adhere honeycomb to the base and add some hexagons for interest.
- Add 4 black Dimensionals to the back of the hive.
- Adhere sentiment with black Dimensionals (I cut Dimensional edge into thin strips).
- Layer the bee with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Turn over and trim anything that extends beyond the base and sponge outside edges with Soft Suede ink.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel and adhere to the inside of the card.
Creating Artist Trading Cards (ATC) is so much fun! They are small, can use leftovers from previous projects and useful. You can add to a card base for a quick card. Display in a baseball card frame as a home decor item or display board for customers. I know you want to give it a try. Sign-up for the January 2020 ATC Swap TODAY HERE.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.