I was flipping through a magazine and saw a picture of Atlas with the world on his shoulders. Oh, I so have this! My little gnomes from Stampin’ Up! Gnome for the Holidays stamp set were ready for the challenge. And so here they are condemned to hold up the celestial heavens. And just because I am so wicked today … please read today’s blog while humming the Gospel favorite “He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands”. You are smiling, aren’t you?
I am sure you are wondering about the background. These are made with the residual ink from stenciling. I just spritz the stencil with water and lay in on pieces of cardstock until all the ink is off the stencil. I can usually get about 4 or 5 additional fun backgrounds.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- scraps for stamping gnomes
- 3-1/2″ x 4-3-4″ card panel (excess ink stencil technique – I have several premade)
- Boho Indigo Designer Series Paper: scraps for circle behind the globe
- Designer Series Paper: for the globe, any DSP will work fine
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for card panel layer
- Stamp gnomes in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Thick Whisper White.
- Color gnomes with Stampin’ Blends to coordinate with DSP chosen for globe.
- Fussy cut gnome.
- Add black dimensionals behind gnomes.
- Die-cut globe pieces.
- Adhere globe together and add Dimensionals (optional)
- Stamp sentiments in Night of Navy then Versamark and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. TIP: USE STAMPARATUS
- ‘you can do this’ from Forever Fern stamp set
- You are Loved completely’ from Strong & Beautiful stamp set
- Layer as shown.
- Customize the message insert (4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock) and envelope.
If Atlas the Gnome does not put a smile on your face, we need to talk. And if you do not own Gnome for the Holidays, we need to have a LONG discussion. Head to my shop and add it to your order today! (P.S. I think the same way about the Forever Fern Bundle!)
I’ll see you back here on Tuesday, September 8th for my Scrapbook Page Blog Hop with Lisa Padgett at Crafting Hugs. Our theme is School Days. If you have a blog and like to scrapbook, please consider joining us. Contact me for more information.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.