Hello Friends! More Birthday Week here. I am loving the Happy Birthday To You stamp set and the coordinating Birthday dies. This card uses heat embossing, watercolor with reinkers and stenciled background. Let’s grab some supplies and create this gorgeous birthday card watercolor using reinkers.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus scraps for the sentiment and cake stamp
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ to die-cut stitched circle frame element
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp cake image on Crumb Cake with White Craft Ink and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder. HINT: Make several of these. We are going to make another card tomorrow with this image.
- Watercolor image with White Craft Ink, Highland Heather, and Pear Pizzazz reinkers.
TIP FOR WATERCOLOR ON CARDSTOCK: Working on one image element at a time, lay a little water down on the area. Wipe off AquaPainter and pick up some reinker to dab or wipe over the area. I painted the cake with WhiteCraft reinker that I diluted using my AquaPainter. When working with color, put the ink on the area you want to be the darkest and let the water wick it out. You may need to help it a little by drawing the color toward the outer edge.
- Die-cut cake image and add Dimensionals to the back of the image.
- Die-cut a 3″ stitched circle frame from Blackberry Bliss using the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Stamp sentiment on Crumb Cake and die-cut using the Stitched Nested Labels dies.
- Using a sponge or dauber and the dot mask from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks, create a dot background on the Crumb Cake card base with Crumb Cake ink pad. TIP: I use an ‘X’ pattern.
- Tie some crinkle ribbon around the fold in the card base.
- Assemble layers on the card base as it pleases you.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel and adhere to the inside of the card.
Did you enjoy creating this Birthday Card and watercolor using reinkers? The possibilities are endless with this Happy Birthday To You stamp set and Birthday dies. You could just as easily make this a wedding card. Until next time…. Do Something Creative Every Day!
AND DON’T FORGET TO
The Theme is BIRTHDAY!
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.