Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Birthday Celebration Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a Year of Celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Birthdays, so prepare yourself for lots of cake, candles, balloons and flowers. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the bottom of this post.
I am really enjoying the Little Ladybug stamp set. This is a very limited time release (until March 31, 2020 or until supplies last) and you can have it FREE. Host a workshop (in-person) or catalog and have a $300 order total. And you can also purchase the coordinating dies. I would be happy to help you in any way that I can. Contact me or add a comment to this post to learn more. Don’t wait if you want this set.
Onward to the Birthday Celebration Inking Royalty Blog Hop …
LADYBUG SYMBOLISM: A ladybug (or ladybird) is believed to be an embodiment of Lady Luck, bringing good fortune and prosperity along with it. As the insect leads a vibrant and colorful life, it influences you to experience the joys of living to the fullest.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Bird Ballad DSP: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 3/3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: scrap for stamping/die-cutting ladybug and balloons
- Basic Black Cardstock: scrap for sentiment
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp sentiment on black cardstock with white craft ink, heat emboss with white embossing powder and punch out with Classic Label Punch.
- Stamp ladybug with Tuxedo Memento Black ink, heat emboss with clear (or black) embossing powder and die-cut image. I used clear.
- From Broadway Birthday, stamp balloon and string then die-cut. TIP: I inked the balloon with a very lightly inked sponge dauber around the edges of the balloon to give it a translucent effect.
- Color your ladybug with Stampin’ Blends. I used Mint Macaron (light/dark), Crumb Cake (light/dark) and light Pink Pirouette or light Petal Pink or Ivory
CREATING THE BACKGROUND USING THE STAMPARATUS
- Place a 7-3/8″x 7-3/8″ piece of clear plastic (see source under supplies) over the Stamparatus base plate.
- Arrange sentiment stamp on Stamparatus removable plate and align. TIP: Look directly over the grid to align. If you look from the side your alignment will be distorted.
- Stamp sentiment onto the plastic. TIP: Make sure the plastic is flat against the sides.
- Place DSP under the plastic to align.
- Carefully remove plastic and stamp sentiment.
- Move the DSP and align the sentiment again. REPEAT steps 4-6 until you are pleased with the results.
- Add Dimensionals behind balloon, ladybug and sentiment.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the balloon to the string.
- Layer as it pleases you.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP LINE-UP
Thank you for stopping by today to the Birthday Celebration Inking Royalty Blog Hop! I hope will hum Happy Birthday tune and hop over to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss the celebration.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you for joining the Birthday Celebration InKing Royalty’s Blog Hop! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)
Template Plastic from JoAnn Fabrics The key is for the plastic to be sturdy enough to stamp on and clear to see through and non-static. You can source this material at most local craft stores.