It’s still Birthday Week. I’d like to share why I celebrate my birthday all week/month. Life does not stop just because it is your birthday. There are always conflicts in scheduling a celebration of the day. It could be work, a school project, a business trip or even illness. So, if you celebrate all week or all month, there is no stress. Everyone gets to have lunch, lots of dinners, some cultural events and after all, why rush it. So in conclusion, everyone should CELEBRATE the entire month of their birthday…or at least an entire week.
I have been seeing lots of wonderful projects using the Painted Poppies and Peaceful Moments Bundles. Today I jump on that bandwagon with this card. I think I will call it Birthday Poppies. It uses my favorite show-stopping technique, heat embossing. Without further ado…..,
“And now my beauties, something with poison in it I think, with poison in it, but attractive to the eye and soothing to the smell . . . poppies, poppies, poppies will put them to sleep.“
—The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard of Oz (movie, released 1939)
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ plus scraps for stamping poppies
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ to die cut frame from Stitched So Sweetly dies and scrap for the stamped sentiment
- Garden Lane DSP: 1″ x 3″ (cut 4)
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ plus scraps for leaves
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Run the Pear Pizzazz panel through Layered Leaves embossing folder.
- Stamp 1 large and 2 small poppies on Thick Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and heat emboss with Clear Emboss Powder.
- Stamp ‘solid’ stamp over poppies. Don’t worry about getting it exact.
- Die-cut poppies and add 2 Dimensionals on the back of the small poppies.
- Stamp leaf sprig (2x) on Pear Pizzazz in Memento Tuxedo Black and heat emboss with Clear Emboss Powder. Then fussy cut.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black and heat emboss with Clear Emboss Powder. Then fussy cut.
- Die-cut the large leaf base and outline (2x). Stamp the pieces with the ‘solid’ stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink. No need to be exact just put some color on the leaf for dimension.
- Die-cut a 3″ x 4″ stitched panel from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.
- Flick black ink on the white stitched panel. TIP: You could also use the ‘cluster’ stamp to add some splatter behind the poppies.
- Assemble the layers as shown or as it pleases you.
- Add a couple of black sequins. TIP: I use the small glue dots that are leftover from my Paper Pumpkin kits.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some Layered Leaf embossing on the flap.
I hope you love the Poppy Bundles as much as I do. And doesn’t that Garden Lane Designer Series Paper coordinate well with the Pear Pizzazz and the Coastal Cabana? Experiment with color. Pick your favorite DSP and use the combinations for your own twist on the Birthday Poppy card. There is no wrong color. Go for it!
AND DON’T FORGET TO
The Theme is BIRTHDAY!
Look, I made an ATC with the leftovers from the featured card. Give it a try. You will love how fast they come together.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.