And you wondered what I was going to do with all those extra Blossoms in Bloom die-cut pieces from yesterday? Today’s post is just about paper piecing a card. And here you go, 3 cards using Blossoms in Bloom for paper piecing.
My first card combines the Many Layered Blossoms dies with the Ornate Borders die and one of the Greenery embossing folders.
My second card uses the same Greenery embossing folder, and the Forever Flourishing dies. I could not resist with the honeybee from the Retired Honeybee Bundle.
My last card takes advantage of an extra notecard from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.
The best part about these cards is still — NO GLUE — I used the NEW Adhesive Sheets and the super handy Take Your Pick tool. Clean hands. Hallelujah!
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ (QTY 2)
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- Purple Posy Cardstock
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock
- Perennial Essence Vellum (retired)
- Designer Series Paper – I used Peaceful Poppy DSP – any bright simple pattern paper would work: 4-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
CUT MULTI-LAYERED DIES:
- Apply cardstock to Adhesive Sheet. HINT: Adhesive Sheet is 6″ x 12″. You need about 4-1/4″ x 5″ for the die. I just used scraps and worked it out from there. LOL!
- Die-cut the thin frame from all the cardstock listed above.
- Flip die-cut over and apply Press’n Seal to the backside. Burnish it against the cardstock so that all pieces stick.
- Turn die-cut over and gently peel the die off the font of the cardstock.
- Set-up a ‘buffet-line’ and get ready to play….
CARD #1 & CARD #2
PREPARE THE PAPER PIECING:
- Apply Whisper White outline die-cut to the DSP.
- Layer flower petals and leaves from the ‘buffet-line’ of paper pieces on Press’n Seal. TIP: The Take Your Pick Tool is perfect for picking up and removing the adhesive sheet layer. You can also use tweezer.
- Trim paper pieced DSP to 5-1/2″.
- Cut paper pieced DSP between a couple of flowers. I cut it at 2-1/2″.
PREPARE THE CARD BASE:
- Run both Thick Whisper White card base fronts through an embossing machine using Greenery emboss folder. Place folder to the right side of the card base.
- Die-cut a strip from Ornate Borders dies and adhere to the back of the 2-1/2″ paper pieced DSP
- Add a strip of DSP to the right side of the 2″ paper pieced DSP. I did this to finish off the edge.
- Adhere each paper pieced DSP strip to a card base.
- That super cute dotty notecard for Card #3 is a Paper Pumpkin leftover…are you envious?
PREPARE THE EXTRAS:
- Die-cut some foliage from the Flourishing Fern dies. I used Whisper White and Old Olive Vellum (retired). You can cut the foliage from vellum and color it with Old Olive Stampin Blends for a similar look.
- Stamp a honey bee in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Thick Whisper White and die-cut. This set was part of the Honeybee Bundle during the 2020 Sale-a-bration.
PREPARE THE SENTIMENTS:
- Card #1
- Stamp sentiment from A Little Lace stamp set “JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY hello” on Basic Black cardstock with Whisper White Craft ink.
- Heat emboss with White embossing powder.
- Cut sentiment strip to 1-2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Card #2
- Stamp sentiment from Forever Fern stamp set ” to a friend that makes me smile” on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Heat emboss with Clear embossing powder.
- Die-cut sentiment and Basic Black framing layer using the Layering Circle dies
- Card #3
- Stamp sentiment from Love You to Pieces retired stamp set “Let’s get together soon” on Basic Black cardstock with Whisper White Craft ink.
- Heat emboss with White embossing powder.
- Fussy cut sentiment.
- Layer as shown. Use Black Dimensionals behind sentiments.
- Card # 3 – Use whatever leftover pieces you have piece this one.
- Tuck the foliage in behind the sentiment on Card #2 using liquid glue or glue dots.
- Add some adhesive sequins (leftovers from a Paper Pumpkin kit – I know you are wishing you were a Paper Pumpkin subscriber! Sign up HERE!
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some of the extra outline pieces or a stamped image from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set.
- Stamp your message on a piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White or coordinating cardstock for the inside of the card.
I do hope that you have enjoyed this Blossoms in Bloom – Paper Piecing project and are inspired to purchase the bundle and give this a whirl.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
- GET YOUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL CATALOG PAPER, RIBBON AND/OR DSP SWATCH BOOK
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)