I could not help myself. I had a Many Layered Blossom overlay die-cut from the Fluid 100 Watercolor paper on my desk. It called to me. It said “add color and make me live”. Or something like that. LOL!! Please humor me as I show you my Blossoms in Bloom – Watercolor Overlay.
Have you ever added watercolor pencil pigment directly to the brush? Well, today that is exactly what we are going to do. Here are the 2 cards that I created from 1 die-cut.
Isn’t that a super awesome background texture? I embossed each layer with the Tasteful Textile 3D emboss folder to give these cards a ‘coastal’ feel. And you must add the Playing With Patterns Resin Dots to your shopping list if you like a matte finish.
- Fluid 100 Watercolor paper
- Shimmery White cardstock: (2) 4-1/4 ” x 5-1/2″
- Colored cardstock of your choice: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ TIP: Use the Bone Folder to crease the fold.
- Colored cardstock of your choice: sentiment
- Ribbon of your choice: 12″
CREATE THE WATERCOLOR OVERLAY
- Die-cut the blossom overlays with the Many Layered Blossoms die from the Fluid 100 Watercolor paper. TIP: I find that the die makes a cleaner cut through the watercolor paper with the cut side up and give it 2-3 passes through your die-cutting machine. You will have 1 large overlay and the 2 smaller flower overlays.
- Grab the Watercolor Pencils and the Water Painters. Dip the brush in clean water and pick up the color from the tip of the watercolor pencil. I use a scraping motion outward from the base to the tip of the pencil. Paint the overlay. Add water as needed to blend.
- Let the area dry between color coats so you don’t get muddy colors.
- Keep adding layers of color until you are happy with the depth and intensity of the color.
CREATE EMBOSS LAYERS
- Glue the overlay to one of the Shimmery White cardstock panels. TIP: Lay the overlay facedown on the Craft Mat and dab liquid glue on with a sponge. Be careful not to move the overlay while adding the glue or you will have some glue on the front.
- Emboss both Shimmery White panels using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. The centers of the blossom overly will remain relatively smooth.
- Cut the panel with the attached overlay in half.
- Frame each of the half panels with the colored cardstock of your choice. (I used Bermuda Bay and Highland Heather/Gorgeous Grape)
- Attach layers as shown.
- Add ribbon around card panel and tie a bow.
- Add resin dots and sentiment.
- Heat embossing the sentiment on coordinating colored cardstock adds a nice tactile element.
- Add one of the watercolor flowers to each of the inside card message panels. I also stamped a few dots from any available stamp set in coordinating colors.
- Add some coordinating Designer Series Paper to the envelope flap for the custom-look.
REMEMBER TO ADD THOSE PLAYING WITH PATTERNS RESIN DOTS TO YOUR ORDER.
Come back tommorow for more Forever Fern Bundle pairing with other stamp sets.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Click on product image to SHOP 24/7