And we are back…More Blossoms in Bloom. Today’s card uses the stamp to produce a watercolor. This was another experiment. So onward, Blossoms in Bloom Watercolor. This bundle is available in the 2020-2021 Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog. Get ready to place your order on June 3rd.
Here is my Blossoms in Bloom watercolor card
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/2″ for stitched frame layer
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
CREATE THE BACKGROUND: (Use the Stamparatus for large floral image and Blocks for leaves!)
- Ink the large floral stamp with Stampin’ Markers or daubers. I used Highland Heather, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, and Balmy Blue.
- Paint watercolor paper with clear water.
- Stamp colored images.
- Use AquaPainter to blurry the edges.
- After the image is dry from first stamping TIP: Best to let dry between layers to prevent muddy colors.
- Add another layer of color. I added Gorgeous Grape over the Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight in the center of each flower.
- Stamp leaves in Granny Apple Green. HINT: Mist stamps with water before stamping. Blurr edges if necessary.
- Paint in a light green background.
- Stamp flower centers 2x in Early Espresso ink. HINT: Rotate center 90° to get a fuller center.
- Die-cut panel using Stitched Rectangle dies.
PREPARE THE SENTIMENT:
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso 2 times.
- Cut out each word.
- Layer as shown. TIP: Watercolor paper is heavy. I suggest using liquid glue for layering.
- Use Dimensionals behind the sentiment words.
- Stamp a little flower and fussy cut. Add to card with Mini-Dimensional.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some coordinating DSP to the envelope flap. Make sure you can run your hand across it without ‘flipping up’ any paper.
- Stamp your message on the inside of the card. TIP: When you use Thick Whisper White it is not necessary to have a separate panel for inside message. It is your preference.
You are going to love creating lots of Blossoms in Bloom watercolor backgrounds.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
- GET YOUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL CATALOG PAPER, RIBBON AND/OR DSP SWATCH BOOK
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)