Today’s card uses the same Artistry Blooms DSP strip adhesive sheet that we prepared yesterday. We are going to create a bright right angle birthday card.
Here is the card.
- Basic Black cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 1/2″ x 3″ for sentiment strip
- 3″ x 3″ for triangle frame
- Whisper White cardstock:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for card panel
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for message insert
- Granny Apple Green cardstock: 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ for card panel frame
- Magenta Madness cardstock: for leaves
- Artistry Blooms DSP: strips
Stamp the Good Morning Magnolia image onto the vellum panel using Basic Gray ink. The lines will be blurred by the Stampin’ Blends and the alcohol to create a faux watercolor effect.
Color the image starting with the lightest color. Use Dark Daffodil Delight for the center. Dip a fine-tip paintbrush into the rubbing alcohol and gently move the color. I added Champagne Shimmer Paint to my rubbing alcohol.
Next, color non-adjacent petals with Dark Flirty Flamingo. Gently blur the stamped line. Let dry and repeat on other petals. Do the same for the leaves. TIP: Blow into a straw to gently direct the ink flow in the desired direction.
Add a second layer of color after the image is dry. Repeat the process of alcohol painting and gently blowing the ink.
OPTIONAL: Pick up some clean rubbing alcohol with the paintbrush and flick it over the image. This will create small droplets that will lighten some areas by moving the color outward.
Adhere the vellum panel to the Basic White cardstock panel using Stampin’ Seal or a light amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add to Basic Black card base.
Stamp the sentiment in White Craft ink and heat emboss with with embossing powder. Trim to you liking. Add to card panel with small black Dimensionals.
Customize the message insert and the envelope with some flicks of color from the brush end of the Stampin’ Blends.
- Die-cut right triangle from prepared Artistry Blooms Adhesive Sheet using Stitched Triangle dies.
- Reassemble triangle onto Basic Black 3″ x 3″ piece.
- Trim edges to leave a black frame around the triangle.
- Stamp the ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays with white craft ink on Basic Black strip.
- Heat emboss the sentiment with white embossing powder.
- Trim sentiment strip.
- Add Mini Black Dimensionals to the back to the sentiment strip.
- Die-cut leaves from Magenta Madness using Boho Indigo dies. ALTERNATIVE: Use Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends to color the backside of Forever Gold Laser-cut dies.
- Tie a bow with the gold-edged Old Olive ribbon from the All The Trimmings Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Assemble as shown.
- Use rolled up Glue Dots to secure gold hoop and bow.
- Add strips to the back of the envelope flap and on the message insert panel to customize and coordinate your card.
This was a fun card to make. I am loving those triangles. Do you have the Stitched Triangle dies? You can get the Right Triangle bundle and save 10% over buying separately. And don’t forget to add the Artistry Blooms DSP. The DSP sale only runs until October 31st then it is GONE.
Next week I have a couple Christmas cards for you. One uses the Stitched Triangle dies and the Artistry Blooms DSP adhesive sheet we made yesterday. See ya next week.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.