Around the world the butterfly is seen as a symbol of life, hope, endurance, and change. This week will be ‘butterfly’ week. And today is Butterflies & Blooms. I paired a little butterfly with the images from the Bloom & Grow bundle.
This world is your best teacher. There is a lesson in everything. There is a lesson in each experience. Learn it and become wise. Every failure is a stepping stone to success. Every difficulty or disappointment is a trial of your faith. Every unpleasant incident or temptation is a test of your inner strength. Therefore nil desperandum. March forward hero! — Swami Sivananda
So after that philosophical moment, here is my card.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 4″ x 4-1/2″ card panel to be cut diagonally
- 4-1/4 x 5-1/2″ for stamping all the images
- Basic Black cardstock: scrap for a small sentiment
- Cut the 4″ x 4-1/2″ panel diagonally. Line up 2 opposite corners on your Stampin’ Trimmer with the top left corner at 1-1/2″ and the lower right corner at 1″ (as shown)
- Stamp the images from the Bloom & Grow stamp set using the Stamparatus and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. TIP: If you stamp and die-cut 2 sets then you will have plenty of options for customizing your inside message panel and the envelope.
- Trim the sentiment close (about a 1/2″ strip).
- Die-cut the remaining stamped images. TIP: Cut the images apart and you can die-cut everything at once.
- Stamp and punch the small butterfly using the Butterfly Gala stamp set and Duet Butterfly punch.
- Use Wink of Stella to pull the color from the stamped lines onto the inside wing.
- Stamp the ‘many thanks’ from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set with White Craft ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Trim.
- Adhere the top and bottom angle-cut card panel pieces to the card base as shown.
- Line up the sentiment strip in the 3/4″ opening and make 2 light pencil tickmarks on the top and bottom of each side. Trim at the angle indicated by your tickmarks.
- Adhere large flower cluster along top diagonal. TIP: Use liquid glue for a little wiggle time!
- Use Dimensionals behind the sentiment strip. TIP: Use black mini-Dimensionals behind black cardstock.
- Tuck extra leaves and berry die-cuts under the sentiment.
- Add butterfly using rolled up glue dot.
I like the look of a line drawing with a pop of color. It feels so clean and modern. I hope you enjoyed this card and if you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to become your Creative Coach.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):