There are times when you just look at the beautiful Designer Series Papers (DSP) from Stampin’ UP! and marvel. I love the freshness of daisies. And I could hardly wait to use the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP with the Daisy Punch and some butterflies.
Take a look at the gorgeous designs in this patterned paper. It has summer written all over it.
And here is my butterflies & daisies card.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- scraps for punching daisies – need 3
- Vellum cardstock: scraps for butterflies
- Terracotta Tile cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- DSP: 3″ x 4-1/4 “
- Soft Sea Foam cardstock: for smooching technique leaves
- Old Olive Vellum: retired Perennial Essence
- Linen Thread: about 12″
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Emboss the DSP panel using the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder.
- Distress edged of DSP with Daffodil Delight ink and a sponge wedge. TIP: ALWAYS begin distressing off the DSP and drag the ink onto the DSP.
- Stamp butterflies from Butterfly Gala stamp set with White Craft Ink onto Vellum.
- Heat emboss butterflies with white embossing powder.
- Punch butterflies using Duet Butterfly Punch.
- Punch 3 daisies using the Medium Daisy Punch.
- Gently curl up the daisy petals using a bone folder.
- Assemble daisy using 3 Whisper White daisies with mini dimensional between each layer.
- Add a matte resin dot from Playing with Patterns embellishments. HINT: These resin dots are matte finished flat adhesive-backed. They are perfect when you just want a little extra.
- Create inked Soft Sea Foam cardstock for leaves using the smooshing technique. SEE TECHNIQUE INSTRUCTIONS HERE.
- Punch or die-cut leaves. TIP: Use any leave die or punch. There are several in the Annual 2020-2021 catalog that will work. They are found on pages 173-183.
- Die-cut large leafy branch from vellum using the Forever Flourishing dies.
- Use Old Olive Stampin’ Blends to color backside of plain vellum if you do not have the retired Perennial Essence Old Olive Vellum.
- Layer DSP on Terracotta Tile panel.
- Wrap stacked panel with linen thread and tie a bow. TIP: I used retired Old Olive Linen Thread. You can create your own by coloring it with the Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blend.
- Add leaves to the back of the daisy stack.
- Adhere daisy stack to the card panel.
- Layer as shown.
- Add a couple white embossed vellum butterflies near daisy. TIP: Attach butterflies with a rolled-up glue dot.
- Add DSP to envelope flap and customize a message insert if desired.
I can’t help smile when I see daisies. Add some butterflies and ya’ll should be swooning. This is a perfect summer Birthday card, Get Well card, Thinking of You card, or Just a Note card.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):