Today I have a fun Christmas candle wrap to share with you. I love how this candle wrap turned out. The ice tipped pine boughs add a bit of shine and elegance to the arrangement.
I found the moving flameless LED candles at Costco. Your local home decor shops probably have something very similar.
- Real Red cardstock:
- Mossy Meadow cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8″ for pine boughs
- Soft Suede cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/2″ for stag and sentiment frame
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 2″ x 3″ for sentiment
- Brushed Metallic Foil paper: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Real Red Braided Trim: 24″ for triple bow
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp the sentiment from Wishes & Wonder stamp set using Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Die-cut 3 circles from Soft Suede cardstock using the circle from North Pole Wonder dies.
- Adhere 3 Soft Suede Circles together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. TIP: The 3 layers of circles gives the sentiment circle structure.
- Use North Pole Wonder stitched spikey circle die to die-cut medallion circle from metallic foil paper.
- Adhere all layers using Multipurpose Liquid Glue: Metallic medallion, Soft Suede 3-ply, and sentiment circle.
- Die-cut 3 stags from Soft Suede cardstock using North Pole Wonder dies.
- Adhere 3 stags together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. TIP: Use a small amount of glue. Tiny dots on antler tips, hooves. and along the edge of the body.
Pine Boughs with ice-tips
- Die-cut small and medium pine boughs from Mossy Meadow cardstock using Beautiful Boughs dies.
- Drag boughs through Multipurpose Liquid Glue lightly. TIP: Spread a light layer of glue on a craft mat. Mat will clean up with warm water and a little scrubbing. The alternative is to spread glue on scrap paper and throw it away when done.
- Press boughs into Ice Stampin’ Glitter (retired SU product). ALTERNATIVE: Retro snowflakes found in the Christmas aisle at your local hobby store, or emboss tips of boughs with silver, or just leave a solid green.
For a more detailed look at icing pine boughs, check out this POST.
- Layer elements as shown on a scrap (1″ x 2″) of Soft Suede cardstock .
- Wrap snowflake embossed strip around the candle and secure with a couple of glue dots to itself. Trim if necessary.
- Get out your Tear-n-Tape and place 3-4 strips across the back of your ‘cluster’.
- Place cluster over the seam of the snowflake strip.
- Create a bow with (3) 10″ lengths of Real Red Braided Trim. TIP: Pull apart to reveal great woven texture.
- Adhere bow with 4-5 glue dots.
- No Dimensionals were used in this project! LOL!!
I hope you enjoyed this fun Christmas candle wrap. The same cluster would make a great focal point on a card. I would probably not do as many layers under the stag or sentiment. You will not need the structure aspect that the candle wrap requires. I would definitely use Dimensionals behind the sentiment for a card.
ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA PLUS BONUS
ONE DAY ONLY – NOVEMBER 24, 2020
Get 10% off select products in the 2020-2021 Annual catalog. PLUS, if you place your order and select me as your demonstrator, I will send you a candle wrap kit. Can you beat a 10% sale on top quality, coordinated Stampin’ Up! products plus an exclusive candle wrap kit? What a win – win!
The list of excluded items is small. Here is a list of the ITEMS EXCLUDED from the ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA.
How do you get the 10% off selected items from the Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual catalog PLUS a free candle wrap kit? Well, you make a list, check it twice, select me as your demonstrator and place your order of $70 or more on Tuesday, November 24th.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.