One of my favorite things about Stampin’ Up! is the color coordination. This coordination of paper, markers and ink is the key to successful projects. And the major player in the coordination arena is the ink pad. They are AWESOME! They are an investment and will last many years if you take care of them. Here are some helpful tips on Cleaning, Maintaining & Storing your Stampin’ Up! ink pads.
Stampin’ UP! offers a firm foam ink pad in the Versamark and the color line. They also have a linen pad in the Momento Tuxedo Black and the StazOn Jet Black. Ink Refills are available for all current ink pads. Once a color is retired, it becomes more difficult to find the reinker. I highly recommend purchasing the reinker when purchasing the ink pad. When colors are retired the reinker inventory is quick to deplete.
CLEANING THE INK PAD CASE
Stampin’ UP! color line inks are dye-based and are easy to clean. I use a damp paper towel or non-alcohol baby wipe to clean my cases. Clean the case edge next to the ink pad carefully with a moist cotton swab.
REMOVING FOREIGN MATTER
Oh dear, your ink pad was hit by the glitter fairy. It is OK!. Take a breath. Take a piece of transparent tape and lay it across the infected area. Gently pull up the tape and throw it away. This method works for removing any foreign object from the ink pad. DO NOT try to remove foreign matter from your foam ink pad with tweezers or your fingernail. It is very easy to put a knick in the ink pad.
It is easy to cross-contaminate your inks when you have several open at the same time. Use a damp (not wet) paper towel and blot off the color. Check to see if you need to reink and follow the reinking instructions. The NEW Improved ink pads have color stickers on the back of the case. These are for labeling the outside and inside of the case. The new cases have a ‘well’ at the edge of the ink pad that is perfect for placing the label inside the case making it easier to identify which ink pad you are using.
Over time and use you will notice that your images are stamping a little faded. This indicates that it is time to reink. How long until your ink pad gets low on ink is entirely dependent upon how you use it. I have some ink pad colors that I do not use often and others that I reink every couple of months.
- FIRM FOAM PAD: Open ink pad and squeeze a squiggle pattern of ink across the center of the pad. Stay away from the edges. The ink will sit on top of the foam. Then take a plastic spoon, put a couple of fingers in the spoon bowl, and using the back of the spoon gently press the ink into the pad moving it out toward the edges. Let the ink pad sit for a couple of minutes once all the ink is ‘pressed’ into the pad. Wipe off your spoon and continue inking other pads. Start with just one application of ink. Stamp your image and add more ink if necessary. If you see foaming on the top of the pad, you may be over-inking. To remove ink from the pad, blot with a paper towel and reink if necessary. The Stampin’ UP! ink pads in the new improved 2018-2019 case are formulated not to foam when stamping. They can be reinked the same way the older firm foam ink pads are inked.
- LINEN OR FELT PADS: The Archival Pads, Uninked Stampin’ Spots and older Stampin’ UP! pads are linen or felt. These are very easy to ink. Just squiggle the ink down the center of the pad and let sit. The ink will wick into the pad and spread. Start with just one application. Add more if needed.
COLOR COLLECTIONS AVAILABLE
Are you excited and ready to ORDER YOUR COLOR COLLECTION OF INKS NOW? The Color Collections come in Neutrals, Brights, Subtles, Regals and In-Colors. The colors are consistent throughout the Stampin’ Up! line and are exclusive to Stampin’ Up! Get coordinated TODAY
In Color 2018-2020 Collection Stampin’ Ink Pads & Refills
In Color 2019-2021 Collection Stampin’ Ink Pads & Refills
Have you seen the NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!? These are perfect for storing your supplies within reach. They take up minimal space and are stackable. Check them out HERE.
Storage by Stampin’ Up! is designed to store and showcase your Stampin’ Pads, Stampin’ Ink Refills, Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Write Markers, Watercolor Pencils, and other accessories. Here are some other features and benefits of Storage by Stampin’ Up!:
- Keeps products organized, tidy, visible, and trackable at all times.
- Ensures that your Stampin’ Pads, Stampin’ Write Markers, and Stampin’ Blends are all stored horizontally, as recommended.
- Designed to be stylish, durable, compact, stackable, and modular.
- Blends in naturally with most home decor with its white neutral color.
- Stacks vertically and can be arranged to fit practically any flat workspace.
- Easily assembled and disassembled for rearrangement and/or cleaning.
How about clicking over to my Stampin’ Up! SHOP 24/7 to purchase these and other wonderful Stampin’ Up! products to create a card for someone in your life. Spend more time working on your layout and less time worrying about matching the color of paper to ink.
Placing an order today? I am sure the answer is a resounding YES! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.