Welcome Back! Today is Day 5 of Bee Week. Today we coordinate the unexpected. And we try an interesting technique to add dimension to the vellum leaves. So let’s get started.
BEE FACTOID: Honey is incredibly healthy and includes enzymes, vitamins, minerals. It’s the only food that contains “pinocembrin”, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
- If you missed Day 1 of Bee Week, you can view it HERE.
- Or Day 2 of Bee Week, you can view it HERE.
- Or Day 3 of Bee Week, you can view it HERE.
- View Day 4 of Bee Week HERE.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ to stamp the florals
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock: 3-15/16″ x 5-6/16″
- Whisper White Cardstock (not thick): 3-3/4″ x 5″ as a base to the DSP layers
- DSP (2 coordinating): (1) 3-3/4″ x 5″ and (2) 3-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Gold Foil Sheets: thin strip about 5″ long (will be trimmed)
- Vellum: 4″ x 4″ scrap for die-cutting foliage
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Trim DSP at an angle and adhere to the Whisper White (3-3/4″ x 5″) base layer.
- Adhere thin gold foil strip to ‘seam’ between DSP layers. TIP: If you leave an open area behind the flower cluster, it will be easy to tuck foliage.
- Stamp several flowers in Pretty Peacock ink. Explore stamping-off to get variations in depth of color.
- Stamp several background florals in Crumb Cake ink.
- Using the dot cluster from the Magical Mermaid stamp set, fill the vellum with dots and heat emboss them with clear embossing powder. TIP: Lift the stamp straight up from vellum when stamping to avoid a smeared dot.
- Die-cut large foliage leaves from embossed vellum.
- Stamp sentiment on Pretty Peacock and emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Die-cut sentiment using the Stitched So Sweetly dies,
- Put white Dimensionals behind the large flower
- Layer the foliage, tucking some under the DSP seam until you like the height. Use glue dots to secure.
- Assemble card layers as it pleases you. I attached some of the foliage with Multipurpose Liquid glue at the base, leaving some movement along the top of the foliage.
- Grab a Whisper White Envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
Come back tomorrow for another Bee Week creation using the Honey Bee Bundle.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$.
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.