Hello Everyone! Today I would like to credit all the wonderful contributing designers in the Stampin’ Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. I took my inspiration for today’s card from page 56 of the catalog. Let’s call this one Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #1 (because you know if you have a #1 you will probably have a #2)!
My card uses the Cottage Flower dies and ink blending tools. And of course, we use Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper as a background. Here is Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #1.
In the catalog, Petal Pink cardstock was used to die-cut the flower parts. I wanted something a little brighter on this one so I used an unwashed Blending Brush that had Melon Mambo ink residue and Very Vanilla Cardstock.
MY CARDSTOCK PREFERENCES: I like the THICK Very Vanilla and the THICK Basic White cardstocks. They are similar in weight to the regular colored cardstocks and hold up well to adding Dimensionals and layering.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Kraft notecards & envelopes
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ and 3″ x 4-1/2″
- plus scraps to die-cut flower parts
- ALTERNATIVE – Petal Pink cardstock instead of Very Vanilla cardstock
- Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ and 3″ x 4-1/2″
- STAMP SET
- Hello Beautiful stamp set (sentiment)
- DIES / PUNCHES
- Cottage Flowers dies
- EMBOSSING FOLDER / POWDER
- Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder
- INKS & MARKERS
- Soft Suede ink pad
- Petal Pink ink pad
- OTHER SUPPLIES
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: Linen Thread
- Adhesives: Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Cut & Emboss Machine w/ Specialty Plate
- Paper Trimmer & Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
- Blending Brush
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Die-cut several of the flower & large stem parts from the cardstock of choice using the large multipiece die in the Cottage Flowers die set.
- Use a Blending Brush to add color to the flower/stem parts.
- Stack the layers of the flower/stem and adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. TIP: Fan out the medium size pieces on the larger flower. They may overlap but there is no wrong way. Have fun – Be Creative! OPTIONAL: I did a little ink flicking on the flower.
- Emboss the Abigail Rose panels with the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder. Then layer with the Very Vanilla cardstock. TIP: I did a reverse card front layer for the card insert.
- Stamp the thank you sentiment from Hello Beautiful stamp set in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla and fussy cut. Add Mini-Dimensionals to the back.
- Adhere the flower stack to the embossed card front. Use Dimensionals behind the flower only.
- Notch the side of the card with a hole punch and wrap Linen Thread around the card front twice. Tape the ends on the back. (Transparent Tape or Washi on the backside of card layers is my secret weapon to making sure those wrapped threads stay tight and secure.)
- Tie a double bow with Linen Thread and adhere with a Glue Dot to the flower stem over the Linen Thread wrap.
- Add the sentiment and a Brushed Brass Butterfly to complete the card.
Hold the marker cap in one hand and gently insert the brush end of the marker or blend into the cap. Draw it out like you are striking a match. The ink splatter will go in the direction that you pull (flick) the brush tip. NOTE: If you do this a lot, you may ruin the brush ends of your markers or Blends. Be prudent!
How did you like the Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #1? The catalog is there for inspiration. Use it. Most of the layouts for cards and other projects also work for different stamp sets. Look in your stash and see what you can gather together to CASE the Catalog with me.
If you need suggestions or help ordering, please contact me and I will help you get the most from your crafting dollar $.
Tomorrow I have another Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #2 for you. See you tomorrow. Until then …
Do Something Creative Every Day,
And BE AWESOME!
JOIN PROMOTION HIGHLIGHT
Come JOIN my TEAM and get over $66 in FREE In-Color products. What? Yes, you read that correctly, This is a total savings of almost $90 when you sign up by May 31st. You get to select $125 in products of your choice and get the In-Color Bonus. Wowzer!
Sign up between 3–31 May to become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. You will receive the following 2022–2024 In Color products in your Starter Kit for FREE:
- 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper (item 160009)
- 2022–2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection (item 161108)
- 2022–2024 In Color Cardstock Collection (item 159204)
- 2022–2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments (item 159253)