Today is Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #2 as promised. Check out the catalog on page 162 for the card that inspired this CASE. Wait – You don’t have a catalog? The Stampin’ Up! Annual 2022-2023 Catalog can be viewed HERE.
I did a little selective cutting on the Abigail Rose DSP to set the ‘MEMORANDUM’ title on the banner. It just tickled me that it worked so well with the sentiment.
Here is my Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #2.
Do you remember all those extra flowers I die-cut from the Abigail DSP? See that post HERE. They were perfect for layering with this focal sentiment.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Kraft notecards & envelopes
- Petal Pink cardstock: 1-1/4″ x 3″
- Very Vanilla Thick cardstock: 3″ x 4-1/2″ (card insert)
- Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP):Ledger: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Sheet of floral images (backside of leger)
- STAMP SET
- Cottage Rose
- DIES / PUNCHES
- Cottage Flowers dies
- EMBOSSING FOLDER / POWDER
- INKS & MARKERS
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Soft Suede ink pad
- Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends (light & dark)
- OTHER SUPPLIES
- Ribbon: Linen Thread
- Adhesives: Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- NON-Stampin’ Up! Uni POSCA PC-3M (fine point) marker
- Cut & Emboss Machine w/ Specialty Plate
- Paper Trimmer & Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp leaf image on the front of Kraft Note Card using Soft Suede ink.
- Cut a low-profile fish-tail banner on one end of Abigail Rose DSP.
- Stamp sentiment on Petal Pink cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black or Soft Suede ink and add Dimensionals. TIP: Stamp the sentiment then cut the cardstock to size.
- Tie a 4″ wide double loop Linen Thread bow and attach it to the back of the sentiment.
- Color some flowers (See this POST) with Stampin’ Blends. After the Blends have dried add white dots with a white gel pen or POSCA fine tip marker.
- Adhere banner to the background. Then add the sentiment panel.
- Tuck the die-cut flowers and leaves around the sentiment as shown.
If you can’t tuck the flower in far enough to please your eye, cut off a bit and retuck. Shhh – no one will see it!
FINISH WITH A FLARE
Add some leaf stamping to the card insert and envelope. Or use some of those die-cut flowers. You might even consider a Brushed Brass Butterfly.
My final Cottage Rose Catalog CASE #2 does not look anything like the original inspiration in the catalog. But the layout put me on the right inspirational track. I would love to know if you use the catalog samples for inspiration. Leave me a comment.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
and BE AWESOME!