I am slightly obsessed with the Cottage Rose Bundle and the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper. In working with the Suite, I am discovering its versatility. And made some wonderful discoveries along the way.
Here are images of the stamp set and dies.
I have a whole week of projects to share using the Cottage Rose Bundle and Kraft Note Cards & Envelopes. Here is today’s card.
This quote comes to mind when I think about roses and all the wonderful people I know.
I don’t know if nice people tend to grow roses or if growing roses makes people nice.Rowland A Beowne
Now isn’t that something interesting to ponder this week?
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Kraft notecards & envelopes
- Basic Black cardstock
- Vellum (optional)
- Basic White cardstock
- STAMP SET
- Cottage Rose
- DIES / PUNCHES
- Cottage Flowers dies
- All Dressed Up dies
- Christmas Tidings (optional)
- EMBOSSING FOLDER / POWDER
- Brick & Mortar
- White embossing powder
- INKS & MARKERS
- Craft White or Versamark
- OTHER SUPPLIES
- Embellishments: Elegant Faceted Gems
- Adhesives: Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheets
- Cut & Emboss Machine
- Paper Trimmer & Paper Snips
- Heat Tool
- Bone Folder
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp large flower image and sentiment from Cottage Rose stamp set onto Basic Black cardstock using Craft White Ink or Versamark. Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Die-cut heat embossed flower image using the Cottage Flower dies.
- Die-cut the sentiment using the All Dressed Up dies.
TIP: To shorten a die-cut sentiment, move the die into the desired position. I wiggled into the stitched groves on the All Dressed Up die. Then run it through the Cut & Emboss machine just until the edge is die-cut.
- Add Adhesive Sheet to the back of Basic Black cardstock and die-cut several outline flowers & leaves.
- OPTIONAL: Add berry stems die-cut using the Retired Christmas Tidings dies from vellum. Alternatively, I think that the branch cluster from the Ranunculus or Tigs & Sprigs Embossing Folder & Die sets would be nice too.
- Emboss the front of the Kraft notecard with the Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder.
- OPTIONAL: Flick some black ink over the embossed notecard front.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the large flower image and sentiment.
- Layer as shown. Then add Elegant Faceted Gems.
FINISH WITH A FLARE
Layer the card insert and stamp a sweet sentiment. Add some of those adhesive-backed outlines and admire your work.
MORE TO COME
I really am a little obsessed with the Cottage Rose Bundle. Tomorrow I will share how one of the dies will die-cut lots of images from the Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper.
You are definitely going to want to get the Kraft Note Cards & Envelopes and the Cottage Rose Suite. I have all the ordering information below and would absolutely LOVE your business. Come craft with me and learn my tips & tricks along with my oops and bloops. It’s a journey!
Do Something Creative Every Day,
And BE AWESOME!
Kraft Note Cards & Envelopes #159247 $10
Every great card needs a great base. Our Kraft Note Cards & Envelopes get your cards off to a fast start. Precut and scored, they’re ready for you to make and send a card. Want to keep it simple? Just stamp an image on the card front. Want to step it up? Stamp, then add embellishments like jewels, ribbon, die cuts—anything you want. The envelopes are also stampable, so don’t forget to dress them up, too. These cards and envelopes come in a kraft storage box that you can use to store completed cards.
* 20 cards and 20 envelopes
* Folded card: 5″ x 3-1/2″ (12.7 x 8.9 cm)
* Envelope: 5-1/4″ x 3-3/4 x (13.3 x 9.5 cm)
* Box: 4″ x 5-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ (10.2 x 14 x 4.4 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free