Cold weather is upon us. And one of my favorite pastimes is sipping a cup of hot chocolate with a candy cane garnish. Have you seen the Cup of Christmas bundle? Oh, the possibilities! Can you envision cute tags on top of a bag of hot chocolate, tea or coffee? Or maybe making a belly band for a box of hot beverage packets? What about a cute embellishment for the scrapbook page commemorating an afternoon hot chocolate party with your kids? Yep, lots of possibilities. Here is everything that the bundle has to offer: mugs, candy canes, mistletoe, holly, poinsettia, bow and tags. WOW!
Here is my card. I used the Winter Knit and Pinewood Plank 3D embossing folders and the sentiment from the Greatest Part of Christmas exclusive Host stamp set in addition to the Cup of Christmas Bundle.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Real Red Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Real Red Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Early Expresso Cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Pressed Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP): 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (this is the same size as an Artist Trading Card)
- Thick Whisper White, Granny Apple Green and Real Red scraps for die-cutting images
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Die-cut mug, peppermint, mistletoe and bow. And assemble using light touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Run woodgrain DSP through the Pinewood embossing folder.
- Run Real Red cardstock through the Knit embossing folder.
- Distress with Early Expresso ink. TIP: Distress by bringing inked sponge into the edges (start off the paper) and across the raised surface to avoid a splotchy look. I bring it in darker at 3 points.
- I wrapped the Knit embossed/distressed piece with retired Red Metallic Thread. It doesn’t really ‘do’ anything for the card but I left it on.
- Stamp the sentiment, then die-cut the tag.
- Assemble layers with Dimensionals on the mug until it is pleasing to you.
- Finish off the card by tying a linen thread at the card crease.
- Stamp sentiment on the inside of the card.
BONUS ATC (Artist Trading Card)
This ATC was the inspiration for the card
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,