Want to make a super quick butterfly card? Here is one of the easiest ways to color butterflies. You are going to flip with joy. Are you ready? Here is my card
And here is the easiest way to color those butterflies.
I know what you are thinking…pretty cool, right? I have seen this several times before it kicked into my brain. This works with all kinds of stamps. We made backgrounds to use for foliage die-cutting. Click HERE to see that technique. Why not ink cardstock, then stamp an image, and then die-cut or punch out the image? It isn’t a new technique. But it is the easiest way to color butterflies! And now on to the quick instructions.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for embossing
- Shimmery White cardstock: 3″ x 7-1/2″
- Coordinating cardstock: I used Granny Apple Green 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Using a sponge dauber add ink to the Shimmery White cardstock. I used Daffodil Delight + Coastal Cabana, Granny Apply Green + Balmy Blue, and Granny Apple Green + Highland Heather. Experiment with your favorite colors!
- Stamp your favorite butterfly pattern using the Butterfly Gala stamps set. Use a darker ink, like Night of Navy, for high contrast pattern or one of your blended colors for a more subtle pattern.
- Emboss a strip of Thick Whisper White cardstock using the Greenery embossing folder. TIP: Be careful not to push the cardstock up into the crease of the embossing folder or there will be a ridge on your embossed panel.
- Layer the contrasting cardstock and the embossed panel.
- Add butterflies using a Dimensional under the middle one and glue dots on the remaining 2. TIP: Layer the middle butterfly then the top and bottom butterflies to get even spacing.
- OPTIONAL: Add some Elegant Faceted Gems. I LOVE these gems. They have beautiful cut detail and no sharp edges.
- Add the completed panel to your card base.
- Customize the inside with a stamped message or another butterfly.
- Add a butterfly to the back envelope flap with liquid glue. TIP: Make sure that it is secure all the way around the edges
This is quick and easy. Butterfly cards can be used for all occasions. Just add the appropriate sentiments. This is a great card to have on hand for quick customizing as the need arises.
Here is another butterfly card using the same technique.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):