Welcome Back! I am extending Bee Week because I am having so much fun. Today is another ‘coordinate the unexpected’ simple card with WOW Power!. I love how embossing folders really provide dimension to a background. So let’s get started on today’s project – Embossed Card with Honey Bee Banner!
BEE FACTOID: Bees are attracted by caffeine. It’s true, I read it on the National Geographic website. Who knew?
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Early Expresso Cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ plus scrap to die-cut bee
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4-3/4″ x 31/2″
- Merry Merlot Cardstock: 4-15/16″ x 3-11/16″ ( I love the new paper trimmer. These cuts are so easy.)
- Pressed Petals DSP: 1-1/2″ x 5″ for banner
- Whisper White Dot Ribbon: 5-1/2″ to wrap around the front panel
- Vellum: 3″ x 3″ scrap for die-cutting stitched circle
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Run front (only) of Early Expresso card through Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder. TIP: Line up folded edge along the edge of the embossing folder.
- Flick ink from brush end of Stampin’ Write Markers onto the Very Vanilla panel. I used Merry Merlot and Crushed Curry. Any colors that coordinate with your DSP will work.
- Die-cut 2″ vellum stitched circle.
- Use Banner Punch to fishtail the ends of the DSP banner.
- Put black Dimensionals behind the body stripes of the bee. I cut narrow strips and use tweezers to place on my die-cut.
- Assemble card layers as it pleases you. I wrapped the ribbon and attached with transparent tape to secure until I was ready to add to the embossed card. Adhere the vellum behind the bee so that it does not show.
- Grab a Very Vanilla Envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
Come back tomorrow for another Bee Week Sequel creation using the Honey Bee Bundle.
If you missed Bee Week 1 check them out by clicking on the day
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3||DAY 4|
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.