Today is all about enjoyment. There is so much to be thankful for in the world. I created a card using the Prized Peony Bundle. I am a big fan of coral and brown. So today’s card uses one of my favorite color combinations.
And I combined one of my favorite stamp sets, Very Versailles, with Prized Peony. I even managed to use some Paper Pumpkin leftovers. Here is my card.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Grapefruit Grove cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ (Retired – substitute Calypso Coral or Flirty Flamingo cardstock)
- Early Espresso cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/2″ for card front plus scrap for sentiment
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for card message insert
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 3″ x 6″ for stamping and die-cutting peony & leaves
- Paper Pumpkin gold foil sticker embellishments
- Peony Garden DSP: for envelope flap
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp peony and leaves with Basic Gray ink on Whisper White.
- Color with Stampin’ Blends. I used Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Just Jade.
BACKGROUND & SENTIMENT
- Stamp script from Very Versailles stamp set onto the Early Espresso card panel with gold ink. Let dry.
- Die-cut stamped Early Espresso panel with Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Stamp sentiment with Versamark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Trim sentiment to size.
- Add gold hoop and secure with Paper Pumpkin gold foil leave stickers as shown. (You may see a slight stamp on the background here. That was a mistake but not a big deal so I continued to use the panel.)
- Layer elements.
- Add Dimensionals behind the large peonies.
- Use mini black Dimensional behind the far right side of sentiment strip and a glue dot on sentiment strip that covers peony.
- Customize the card insert and envelope with additional die-cuts, stamping, or DSP.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,