Today is all about enjoyment. There is so much to be thankful for in the world. I created a card using the Prized Peony Bundle. I am a big fan of coral and brown. So today’s card uses one of my favorite color combinations.
And I combined one of my favorite stamp sets, Very Versailles, with Prized Peony. I even managed to use some Paper Pumpkin leftovers. Here is my card.
- Grapefruit Grove cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ (Retired – substitute Calypso Coral or Flirty Flamingo cardstock)
- Early Espresso cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/2″ for card front plus scrap for sentiment
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for card message insert
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 3″ x 6″ for stamping and die-cutting peony & leaves
- Paper Pumpkin gold foil sticker embellishments
- Peony Garden DSP: for envelope flap
Stamp the Good Morning Magnolia image onto the vellum panel using Basic Gray ink. The lines will be blurred by the Stampin’ Blends and the alcohol to create a faux watercolor effect.
Color the image starting with the lightest color. Use Dark Daffodil Delight for the center. Dip a fine-tip paintbrush into the rubbing alcohol and gently move the color. I added Champagne Shimmer Paint to my rubbing alcohol.
Next, color non-adjacent petals with Dark Flirty Flamingo. Gently blur the stamped line. Let dry and repeat on other petals. Do the same for the leaves. TIP: Blow into a straw to gently direct the ink flow in the desired direction.
Add a second layer of color after the image is dry. Repeat the process of alcohol painting and gently blowing the ink.
OPTIONAL: Pick up some clean rubbing alcohol with the paintbrush and flick it over the image. This will create small droplets that will lighten some areas by moving the color outward.
Adhere the vellum panel to the Basic White cardstock panel using Stampin’ Seal or a light amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add to Basic Black card base.
Stamp the sentiment in White Craft ink and heat emboss with with embossing powder. Trim to you liking. Add to card panel with small black Dimensionals.
Customize the message insert and the envelope with some flicks of color from the brush end of the Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp peony and leaves with Basic Gray ink on Whisper White.
- Color with Stampin’ Blends. I used Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Just Jade.
BACKGROUND & SENTIMENT
- Stamp script from Very Versailles stamp set onto the Early Espresso card panel with gold ink. Let dry.
- Die-cut stamped Early Espresso panel with Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Stamp sentiment with Versamark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Trim sentiment to size.
- Add gold hoop and secure with Paper Pumpkin gold foil leave stickers as shown. (You may see a slight stamp on the background here. That was a mistake but not a big deal so I continued to use the panel.)
- Layer elements.
- Add Dimensionals behind the large peonies.
- Use mini black Dimensional behind the far right side of sentiment strip and a glue dot on sentiment strip that covers peony.
- Customize the card insert and envelope with additional die-cuts, stamping, or DSP.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.