I learned a new word today, estivate. It’s like hibernating but warmer. My new answer to what I am doing this summer is, “Why it’s a time to estivate with my family this summer. How about you?”
Estivate is the summer equivalent to hibernate. Instead of resting through the winter with lower metabolism activity, animals that ‘estivate’ sleep through the warmer months. For humans, estivate can also refer to those that spend the summer in one place.Want to learn more? Merriam-Webster definition
And how does that relate to paper crafting with Stampin’ Up!? Well, I am estivating. Are you? And as a result am feeling rather summery but not so sleepy. So, I created a staycation kind-of card.
Isn’t this a fun happy card?
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for card base
- 2-1/2″ x 5″ for stamping and die-cutting drinks
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ message card insert
- Basic Black cardstock:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ frame
- scraps for sentiment
- Subtle 6″ x 6″ Patterned paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- In Good Taste DSP: 3″ x 4-1/2″ for die-cutting stitched frame
- June 2020 Paper Pumpkin die-cut
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Emboss Balmy Blue woodgrain patterned paper with 3D Pinewood embossing folder. TIP: Spritz with list mist of water. Damp paper stretches better when embossing.
- Layer on Basic Black.
- Layer 2 of the stitched rectangle frames and die-cut. The outside measurement of my frame is 2-5/8″ x 4″.
- Use the pineapple die-cut from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit.
- Spritz with water and emboss with the Detailed Diamond embossing folder. TIP: This folder has a lot of detail and thinner paper of the pineapple may stick. Use the pick from the Take Your Pick tool to gently pry off the embossing folder.
- Stamp 3 or 4 beverage glasses from the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set on Whisper White using Basic Gray ink.
- Die-cut beverage glasses using the coordinating dies.
- Using Stampin’ Blends add appropriate beverage colors. I used Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Yellow, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, and Smoky Slate.
- Add all the sentiments desired from the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set to the Stamparatus.
- Stamp the sentiments on Basic Black with Whisper White Craft Ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Fussy cut into strips. TIP: If you want the ends to all to be equal, then after you cut the strips line up the sentiment on your Trimmer and pick a spot. Cut. Flip the sentiment and line up in the same spot and cut. I just eye-ball it on these cards but when I want precision that is my method.
- Layer as shown.
- OPTIONAL: Add a couple of loops of gold metallic thread behind one of the beverages.
- Use Dimensionals behind the beverages.
- Cut black Mini-Dimensionals in half and use behind the sentiment strips.
- Add some stamping and a beverage glass to the card insert. I added some stamped images using the Pattern Play stamp set behind the beverage die-cut here.
- Add some coordinating patterned paper to the envelope flap.
Who says you have to estivate in a cave. LOL! Enjoy your summer days. Let’s estivate this summer. (I am having way too much fun with this word!)
Did you enjoyed this post? Please …
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- Please use this month’s HOST CODE on orders under $150. Orders of $75 or more will receive a FREE gift from me!
- Would you like to HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- Shop the CLEARANCE RACK with discounts up to 60%.
- Read my REASONS TO JOIN and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER! There is a BONUS for JOINING in June 2020: Select one FREE STAMP/DIE BUNDLE. WOW!!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Learn more about PAPER PUMPKIN.
- Don’t miss a blog post. SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog. I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on any product image to SHOP 24/7):
BASIC TOOLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL