My mind works in mysterious ways. I was listening to some tunes and Simon & Garfunkel’s “Feeling Groovy” started to play. And there I was looking at the Artistry Blooms DSP and BAM! The words just spoke to me. So cue up the tune and read the rest of this post with a smile on your face because I am feeling groovy with Artistry Blooms DSP.
Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
Hello lamppost, what’cha knowing
I’ve come to watch your flowers growin’
Ain’t you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy
And this is the card that resulted from the tune.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for message insert
- Basic Black cardstock:
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ for front panel frame
- 3/8″ x 3-3/4″ for sentiment
- Granny Apple Green cardstock: 3″ x 3″
- Coastal Cabana cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Magenta Madness cardstock: 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4:
- Mango Melody cardstock: 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″
- Artistry Blooms DSP:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for front panel
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ for message panel frame
- plus scraps for flowers/leaves
Stamp the Good Morning Magnolia image onto the vellum panel using Basic Gray ink. The lines will be blurred by the Stampin’ Blends and the alcohol to create a faux watercolor effect.
Color the image starting with the lightest color. Use Dark Daffodil Delight for the center. Dip a fine-tip paintbrush into the rubbing alcohol and gently move the color. I added Champagne Shimmer Paint to my rubbing alcohol.
Next, color non-adjacent petals with Dark Flirty Flamingo. Gently blur the stamped line. Let dry and repeat on other petals. Do the same for the leaves. TIP: Blow into a straw to gently direct the ink flow in the desired direction.
Add a second layer of color after the image is dry. Repeat the process of alcohol painting and gently blowing the ink.
OPTIONAL: Pick up some clean rubbing alcohol with the paintbrush and flick it over the image. This will create small droplets that will lighten some areas by moving the color outward.
Adhere the vellum panel to the Basic White cardstock panel using Stampin’ Seal or a light amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add to Basic Black card base.
Stamp the sentiment in White Craft ink and heat emboss with with embossing powder. Trim to you liking. Add to card panel with small black Dimensionals.
Customize the message insert and the envelope with some flicks of color from the brush end of the Stampin’ Blends.
- Die-cut the circles using Layering Circle and Stitched Shapes dies.
- Adhere circle layers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut circle layers in half.
- Use the Cherry Blossoms dies to die-cut flowers and leaves from scrap Artistry Blooms DSP.
- Stamp sentiment from A LIttle Lace stamp set (It is one of my FAVORITE SENTIMENTS) using white craft ink.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Add mini black Dimensionals behind sentiment strip.
- Layer as shown:
- Half circles
- Sentiment strip
- Tuck flowers then leaves
- Add flower centers
- Use In-Color Enamel Dots on flower centers. TIP: I left the large flower on sentiment with black center for balance.
- Customize the inside message panel with a sentiment and some strips of DSP.
- Add strips of DSP to the envelope flap. TIP: Add Adhesive Sheet to the envelope flap and then add strips of DSP then trim.
Are you feeling groovy? I love the added stitched die circle badded to the mix. This DSP is on sale NOW until Saturday. So groove on over to my shop and get some Artistry Blooms DSP at 15% off. Until tomorrow – Peace out.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.