Stampin’ Up! has some awesome Designer Series Papers (DSP). I am very excited about the photo-realistic Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP. The 6″ x 6″ size makes it perfectly proportioned for cards and tags. And the back is a gorgeous silver foil print. The colors are muted pastels in shades of blues, purples and pinks. These papers coordinate with Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Purple Posy, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate and Whisper White. Just add a sentiment and you have an easy card.
So here is my easy card using the Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP and Frosted Frames Dies.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Smoky Slate card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP & Vellum: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP: 3″ 4-3/8″
- Basic Gray: 3-1/4″ x 4-5/8″
Here is a little cheat sheet with all the measurements of the dies and layers. I print this out and keep it with my dies. I use magnetic sheets to store my dies and glue this chart to the back so I don’t lose it.
- Using the Frosted Frames Dies: Cut 2 Vellum leaf clusters and 3 flowers from Silver Glimmer paper.
- Cut the #3 Stitched Rectangle Frame Die from the center of the 4″ x 5-/4″ DSP.
- Layer the stitched rectangle on the Basic Gray.
- Wrap some Polka Dot Tulle around this layer and tie a knot.
- Stamp the sentiment on Vellum with Night Of Navy ink (I stamped with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink and embossed with retired Blueberry Bushel Embossing Powder)
- Cut sentiment using the Nested Stitched Dies.
- Add sentiment to card front using Mini-Dimensionals. Place Dimensionals behind the words.
- Using a dab of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the stems of the die-cut leaves and flowers arrange them behind the sentiment panel.
- Add a few clear epoxy dots.
- Add some crinkly silver thread in the center of the ribbon knot.
- Layer the Vellum and DSP, then add the focal point panel to the center (covering the area that was cut out).
The Feels Like Frost Suite is available in the 2019 Holiday Catalog. You will be able to order from the 2019 Holiday catalog on September 4, 2019 until January 2, 2020. If you need a catalog, contact me and I will get one in your hands!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)
Stampin’ Up! is developing a new improved embossing machine. Until it is released I am using a Big Shot for embossing and die-cutting.