It is time to pull out all the stops. Grab your Forever Fern Suite and let’s play with pairings. I have been seeing lots of cards and projects using this absolutely awesome suite of products. So let’s spend some time exploring the possibilities with Forever Fern Pairings this week.
Today we will combine the following colors
And here is the card that we will be creating
Cue your creative soundtrack and let’s get started. I am listening to Damien Escobar or Norah Jones today. They put me in a fluidic mood.
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 1″ scored at 5-1/2″ TIP: Use the Bone Folder to sharpen the scoreline so your card lays flat.
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 3″ x 2″ for embossed feathers
- Fluid 100 Watercolor paper: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (for inside card panel)
- Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper
- Linen Thread: (2) 4″ pieces
CREATE THE BACKGROUND
- Spritz the watercolor paper completely with water.
- Stamp the large leaf branch from Forever Fern using Old Olive ink onto the wet watercolor paper 3 times (as shown). Re-ink for each stamping.
- Let dry (or use the heat tool) and re-stamp the same image over the previous stamping.
- Set aside to dry.
PREPARE THE PIECES AND PARTS
- Stamp the flower from Tasteful Touches onto the Shimmery White cardstock using the Poppy Parade ink.
- Use the thin water brush (or Aqua Painter) to blur the edges inward on the shading lines.
- Fussy cut the flower. TIP: Remember to steer the paper with one hand while slowly closing the scissors to cut.
- Die-cut 3 embossed feathers using the die from Nature’s Thoughts and Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Grab some gold laser-cut foliage. TIP: We are using the gold foliage for shine and movement. If you are making multiples of this card, cut some of the foliage from the frame clusters. Any of the gold laser-cut ferns are absolutely beautiful here.
- Flick some black ink using the brush end of the Basic Black Stampin’ Marker onto the watercolor paper panel.
- Start layering. I put the gold laser-cut foliage down first. Then added the flower on Dimensionals. Trim the feathers, add some liquid glue, and tuck behind the flower. I do it this way so that I can control how much I want the feather to stick out and which way I want it to point.
- Lastly, loop the linen thread and secure it at the base with a couple of Glue Dots. Then tuck it in behind the flower.
- Finish layering on the Basic Black cardstock and add to the Crumb Cake card base.
- Use the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Very Vanilla panel to stamp your message or a small image. TIP: Use some leftover gold foliage bits around one edge or corner.
- Grab a Very Vanilla envelope and stamp an image and splatter a little to create the anticipation for the recipient.
I like to make cards without sentiments. Just add the appropriate sentiment before sending it. This one would look great with a white embossed sentiment on black. Fussy cut it and add it to the open space on the lower right corner.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.