Did you know that October 2020 will have 2 full moons? One on Thursday, October 1st and the second on Saturday, October 31st. The second full moon in the month is called a ‘Blue Moon’. The gnomes know that Halloween 2020 is a full moon and they are ready to Trick or Treat.
FACTOID: Were you also aware that Halloween was a pagan Celtic religious festival marking the end of the harvest season? It marks the end of one year and the beginning of the next. In that in-between time, spirits of the dead wander in the moonlight. And one last little factoid, the first full moon after Halloween is called the Beaver Moon. Can you guess why? You need to get those beaver traps set before the swamps freeze.“Googled it”
Enough of that. My card today has my little gnome heading out for treats on a full moon. Here is my card.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- scrap for stamping gnome (really, you should just have a stack ready to go!)
- Whisper White cardstock: 3″ x 5-1/4″ (or you may want a full top to bottom look 3″ x 5-1/2″)
- Basic Black cardstock: scrap for sentiment and spider
- Bumblebee cardstock: 3″ x 3″ for moon
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper: scrap to tear for edge trim
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Emboss the front of the folded card base with the Cobweb 3D embossing folder.
- Stamp splatter from Painted Poppies stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink on the Whisper White 3″ strip. TIP: I used both 1st and 2nd generation stamping. As you can see, I cut my cardstock after I stamped. Because when designing, I have no idea where I might go. LOL!
- Stamp a 2nd or 3rd generation splatter on the message insert (optional)
- Cut a strip of Magic in This Night DSP and adhere along left edge of 3″ strip. TIP: I used the Blackberry Bliss DSP to coordinate with my gnome.
- Rip a strip of black webbed DSP and ink the edges with Memento Tuxedo Black to eliminate the white core.
- Adhere the ripped and inked DSP to the edges fo the 3″ strip as shown.
- Stamp the gnome with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Thick Whisper White.
- Fussy cut gnome.
- Stamp a 2nd or 3rd gnome on coordinating DSP and fussy cut hat and cloak (paper doll time!).
- Use Stampin’ Blends to color boots, nose, and pumpkin. TIP: Add Jack-o-Lantern face after coloring with Stampin’ Blends to avoid smearing.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the gnome.
- Attach a piece of silver metallic thread to the tip of the cap using a glue dot.
- Stamp sentiment from Little Treats stamp set in white craft ink on Basic Black cardstock.
- Emboss with white embossing powder.
- Punch sentiment with 1-1/2″ circle punch.
- Add black Dimensionals to the back of the circle.
- Die-cut moon from Bumblebee cardstock and Stitched Shapes dies.
- Die-cut spider from Basic Black cardstock using LIttle Treat Box dies. I used my retired Wicked dies for the spider but now that I really look at it – it is more like a tick. Ewww
- Add a mini black Dimensional to the back of the spider.
- Assemble all the parts as shown.
- I added some retired black and gray Bakers twine to the top with a bow. TIP: Try using gray Stampin’ Blend to color Playful Pets Trim if you do not have the same twine.
- Customize the message insert and the envelope for a special touch.
My next post is Wednesday, September 16th. Get ready for the Inking Royalty Blog Hop. And guess what? The theme is Halloween. Grab your mug of cider or pumpkin spice latte and hop with us. My gnomes let everyone know that Halloween 2020 is a full moon so the projects should be super wonderful!
Do Something Creative Every Day,
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.