I can’t help myself. There I was minding my own business just playing with the stencil. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted an embossed gnome hiding under my grid paper. I just had to put him on the card. He became my Happy Birthday Gnome.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for stenciled card panel
- 3″ x 3″ for gnome and balloons
- Real Red cardstock: scrap for bow
- Pacific Point cardstock:
- scrap for bow
- 1-2″ x 2-1/2″ for sentiment
- Brights 6″ x 6″ DSP:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- scrap for hat
- Secure the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty paper frame to the center of your card panel. TIP: If you hold it securely you will not need to tape it down.
- Using a blending tool (my favorite is listed at the end of this post), apply Bumblebee ink randomly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GNOME
- Stamp gnome with Memento Tuxedo Black ink twice 1) on Thick Whisper White and 2) on Designer Series Paper (DSP).
- Heat emboss inked image with clear embossing powder. TIP: Emboss while the ink is still wet for best results.
- Use Granny Apply Green Stampin’ Blends to color gnome shirt and Bronze for the boots.
- Fussy cut gnome and DSP hat.
- Adhere hat and add Dimensionals to the back of the gnome.
- Stamp balloons from So Happy stamp set in Real Red and Pacific Point on Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Die-cut balloons and bows from Happy dies.
- ALTERNATIVE TO DRAWING STRINGS: Die-cut balloon strings from Basic Gray cardstock.
- Add Dimensionals behind balloons.
- Stamp sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set in Craft White ink on Pacific Point cardstock.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Layer as shown.
Pretty simple, right? Think of all the possibilities using the stenciled backgrounds. Here is the most simple of all. Just 3 pieces. Who wouldn’t want to get a fun card that simply says ‘you’re amazing‘?
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
MY FAVORITE NON-STAMPIN’ UP! TOOL
I receive a referral stipend from Amazon.com when your purchase using my links. I use these funds to help maintain my blog.