Today I am decking the halls with boughs of holly. This cute Holly Jolly Gnome just pulls at my heartstrings. I have a stack of stamped and colored gnomes just waiting to be included in cards and projects. You either love these gnomes or … well, I don’t know what!
FACTOID: According to my book on Gnomes by Poortvliet and Huygen, gnomes “see” a great deal of the world through their nose. A gnome can smell the types of trees, grasses, herbs, bushes, mosses, all the cold-blooded and warm-blooded animals, stones, metal, water, and above all human activities.
Are you surprised that there is such a book? I have had it for years. It really is the authority on all things gnome.
Now that I have wondering about my sanity, here is my card
There are quite a few elements on this card. The little holly sprig is from the retired Carols of Christmas bundle. But, if you do not already own that bundle, just draw them with your Stampin’ Markers.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ for die-cutting square
- 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ for stamping gnome (But honestly, you should just stamp bunches)
- Shaded Spruce cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic Black cardstock: 2″ x 2-1/2″ for sentiment
- ‘Tis the Season DSP:
- 3″ x 3″
- 1/4″ x 5″ (3) – one is for inside message panel
- 3/8″ x 5″ (1)
- 3″ x 6″ for envelope flap
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp gnome on Thick Whisper White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Color with Stampin’ Blends: Ivory/Bronze, Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler, and Daffodil Delight
- Add a very very light touch of Real Red Watercolor pencil to the cheeks and nose, then go over the area with the Ivory HINT: It will look too dark, be patient and let it dry
- Add a little Wink of Stella to the apron and berries
- Stamp the sentiment from Christmas Gleaming stamp set in White Craft Ink on Basic Black
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Die-cut the sentiment using the Tasteful Label dies
- Use a sponge wedge dipped in White Craft ink to lightly drag onto the die-cut sentiment TIP: Only drag from the top/bottom toward the center about 1/4″ or so. Then lightly drag ink down the sides from top to bottom.
- Emboss the Shaded Spruce panel with the Scripty 3D embossing folder
- Add strips cut from the ‘Tis the Season DSP at a diagonal as shown
- Using the Layering Squares dies cut
- 2-7/8″ straight-edged square from Thick Whisper White
- 2-3/4″ scalloped-edge square from ‘Tis the Season DSP
- Color directly on holly/berry stamp from Carols of Christmas (retired) with Stampin’ Markers: Real Red and Shaded Spruce TIP: Huff on stamp to re-hydrate ink before stamping your image
- Die-cut or fussy cut holly/berry image
- ALTERNATIVE: Use Stampin’ Markers and draw a small holly/berry cluster about 3/4″ square then fussy cut. (as shown)
- Layer as shown TIP: I used liquid glue – lightly applied
- Use Black Dimensionals behind sentiment panel and gnome.
- Stamp inside message panel with a sentiment (add a holly/berry cluster)
- Use an envelope die from the NEW Ornamental Envelope bundle to add a scalloped edge on the envelope flap. (See how it coordinates with the scalloped-edge on the card front!)
This is another fun Holly Jolly Gnome card to make in multiples. Prepare each of the pieces then work in an assembly line while chatting away with friends or family.
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):