I love it when the product of playtime actually ends up looking good. This next project is the result of looking at a home decor catalog and a messy worktable. There I was trying to decide if I should clean my workspace or just start another project on top of the mess. I had a couple of home decor catalogs open for inspiration and it hit me. Ink a stamp with the daubers.
I had been blending Merry Merlot, Gray Granite, Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow. Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze ink with daubers. So, I picked them up and pounced the leafy branch from Positive Thoughts stamp set. There was still enough ink to give the image a nice subtle blended look.
Here are the 2 cards that I created
I am drawn to the Positive Thoughts stamp set and Nature’s Touch dies. There is an organic feel to all the images. For these cards, I am using the leafy branch and combining it with Very Versailles, Free As A Bird, Forever Gold laser-cut Specialty Paper, Scripty 3D and Dainty Diamonds embossing folders, and a gold hoop. The seal is a retired embellishment, Floral Romance Seals. I thought it added a nice touch against the Merry Merlot and Gray Granite.
I encourage you to play with your Stampin’ Up! products. Everything coordinates so well. Here are some things to think about.
- Add texture with embossing folders.
- Stamp and emboss the area behind a focal point.
- Fussy cut a sentiment.
- Group your elements in a cluster for a larger focal point.
- Dip the edge of your panel in Versamark and heat emboss with gold, white or silver embossing powder.
- Add Dimensionals.
- Burnish the edges with additional color.
- Flick ink with the brush end and cap of a Stampin’ Blend.
- Die-cut layers using the many wonderful frames.
- Change the color of cardstock using a sponge wedge, brayer, or dauber and ink pad.
There are so many different techniques that can take your projects to the next level. Do not be afraid.
Now go play.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):