Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Autumn Weather (or the Autumn Gnome), so prepare yourself for projects that are filled with warm tones and beautiful nods to the upcoming change in weather. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here is my Autumn Gnome. He is hidden in the wreath. Subtle, right?
- Thick Very Vanilla: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2
- Soft Suede cardstock:
- 3-3/4 x 5″ for card panel
- 3/8″ x 3-3/4″ for sentiment
- Early Espresso cardstock: 4″ x 4″ for the wreath layer
- Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- (2) 4″ x 4″ for the wreath layers
- scrap for hat plus a fussy cut of small leaf
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 3″ x 1-1/2″ for gnome
- Stamp gnome on Crumb Cake using Soft Suede ink.
- Fussy cut gnome.
- Stamp gnome on Gilded Autumn DSP scrap and fussy cut cap.
- Adhere cap to the gnome and add a fussy cut small leaf.
- Use Blender Pen to blur the lines of the beard.
- Distress the gnome with Early Espresso ink and a sponge wedge.
- Use Stampin’ Blends to color boots and shirt. I used Cinnamon Cider and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends.
- Wrap Linen Thread 3 times around 3 fingers leaving a little tail at both ends. Pinch in the middle and adhere to the back of the gnome with a glue dot or Dimensional.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the gnome
- Die-cut 3 layers for the wreath as shown.
- Distress the Early Espresso die-cut with Early Espresso ink and a sponge wedge.
- Add Champagne Rhinestones to the wreath.
- Emboss Soft Suede panel using the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.
- Distress panel with sponge wedge and Early Espresso ink lightly.
- Stamp sentiment on Soft Suede strip with Versamark.
- Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Add black mini Dimensionals behind the sentiment on either end. TIP: Do not add Dimensionals over the part of the sentiment strip that lies over the gnome.
- Layer as shown using your favorite Stampin’ Up! adhesive.
- Customize the message insert and the envelope with cutouts from the Gilded Autumn DSP. TIP: Distress the edges with Early Espresso ink for the slightly ‘antiqued’ look.
- DID YOU NOTICE THE VERY THIN DSP STRIP on the inside message panel? The Stampin’ Trimmer is SO GOOD that it cuts 1/8″ strips. WOW!!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop. Because I am at the end of the lineup, I think you should go back and make sure you have pinned (Pinterest) or bookmarked your favorites, And COMMENT, we all love feedback! There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.