Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Sunshine, so prepare yourself for projects that are filled with sunny images of joy in the great outdoors. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My garden is bursting with flowers (and weeds). It seems like I get the flower beds weeded and then comes the rain followed by sunshine and POP….flowers (and weeds). The sun was reflecting off the rain and leaving a shimmery trail when I had this great idea to create a wreath using the NEW Forever Flourishing dies and the RETURNING Floral Essence stamp set and Perennial Flower punch. Here is my InKing Royal Blog Hop – Sunshine Wreath.
This was a fun way to use up a bit of Shimmery White Embossing Paste and it is so easy to apply the foliage and get dimension.
CARDSTOCK & INK TO GATHER (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Mossy Meadow + ink refill
- Old Olive + ink pad
- Granny Apple Green
- Pear Pizzazz
- Flirty Flamingo + ink pad
- Crushed Curry ink pad
Pick colors that please you!
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
PREPARING THE FOLIAGE:
- Die-cut various foliage pieces from green cardstock using the Forever Flourishing dies.
- Pounce foliage with Old Olive ink. TIP: DO NOT RUB. Pounce up and down with inked sponge wedge.
PREPARING THE FLOWERS:
- Stamp 3-petal flowers from Floral Essence stamp and punch with Perennial Flower. I used Crushed Curry ink on NEW Bumblebee cardstock and Flirty Flamingo on Flirty Flamingo.
- Add some swipes of color using Stampin’ Blends on the flower petals. I used Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo.
- Die-cut small flowers from Ornate Borders dies.
- Flick ink from Mango Melody and Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Markers across all flowers TIP: Use the brush end of the marker and flick against the cap in the direction you want the splatter.
- Curl petals with bone folder.
- Assemble flowers with Mini-Dimensional between layers.
- Add Perennial Essence Floral Centers to large flowers.
PREPARING THE WREATH:
- Adhere a pop-top from a can to the back of the wreath to use as a hanger.
- Ink the inside and outside edges of the wreath with Mossy Meadow ink and dauber.
- Add Mossy Meadow reinker to Shimmer White Embossing Paste and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the colored paste on the front of the wreath, like frosting.TIP: Use a craft mat or freezer paper to protect your surface and prevent sticking.
ASSEMBLY You have about 45 minutes of working time here, so have fun!
- Press the foliage into the embossing paste using the end of a stick or your fingertip (be prepared to be inky if you choose fingertips). HINT: It is OKAY to tear off a stem and use it elsewhere.
- Add twine twist as shown.
- Adhere flowers using liquid glue.
Thank you for hopping along with us! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss any of it! Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink <–YOU ARE HERE
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post. Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
- GET YOUR 2020-2021 ANNUAL CATALOG PAPER, RIBBON AND/OR DSP SWATCH BOOK
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)