Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Christmas, which – believe it or not – is just around the corner. Please prepare yourself for lots of beautiful projects that share the joy of this holiday. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
There are so many wonderful Christmas themed products at Stampin’ Up! I was doing a quick shopping trip to Costco and saw the holiday arrangements with birch logs. And POP went my brain. Here is my Christmas pot of greens.
- Just Jade cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 3″ x 5-1/2″ for bought
- Whisper White cardstock:
- 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ for panel frame
- 1″ x 3″ for birch stamping (OPTIONAL: Use Thick Whisper White)
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for message insert
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Soft Suede cardstock: 2″ x 3″ for basket
- Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper
- Medium Whisper White envelope (OPTIONAL: retired Crumb Cake envelopes)
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Using the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder with the dot clusters, emboss the Crumb Cake cardstock panel. TIP: The 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ panel fits perfectly into the narrower embossing folder.
- Emboss the Soft Suede cardstock with the basket-weave Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.
- Punch a ‘basket’ from the embossed Soft Suede cardstock using the Timeless Label punch.
- Use a blending brush or sponge wedge to add Soft Suede ink to the edges of the ‘basket’. TIP: Work the ink in toward the center from the edges of the ‘basket’.
- Add 3 large black Dimensionals across the length of the ‘basket’.
- Stamp the birch trees from the Winter Woods stamp set using Crumb Cake ink on Thick Whisper White cardstock.
- Use those fabulous Stampin’ Up! Snips to trim the birch logs. TIP: Leave a thin white edge.
- Die-cut from Just Jade cardstock using the Beautiful Boughs dies
- 2 – 3 sprig boughs and
- 2 – 1 sprig boughs
Now it’s time to put it all together.
- Place the birch logs on the dot-embossed panel.
- Arrange the ‘basket’ over the birch logs. TIP: Make sure the logs don’t poke past the basket bottom. It happens. Trim if necessary.
- Begin arranging the boughs and attach them with glue dots. TIP: Trimming the boughs to work is perfectly acceptable.
- Tuck in the gold berry branch from the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. Adhere with a glue dot.
- Add a bow using the Braided Linen Trim. TIP: Stock up on this ribbon before January 4th. Look for the Mossy Meadow version of this Braided Linen Trim in the January – July 2021 catalog.
- Adhere the bow with a couple of glue dots and spread out the braid.
- Layer the card, add some customizing to the message insert and the envelope and sit back to enjoy your creation.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Coming in January: Mini Cut & Emboss Machine & Blending Brushes. YEAH!!!
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):
Bonus card using stamping to create texture on the boughs. Use both Just Jade and Mint Macaron cardstock. Add 3D Script embossing to the background and Real Red to accent the card panel.