Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate New Year’s Day, a special day to start anew and prepare for the coming year. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Is anyone done with 2020? I am. To welcome in 2021, I am cueing the confetti from the Pattern Play stamp set and a statement from the Well Said stamp set. I really love how the pattern paper gives me all the vibrant color that makes this card pop. Ready for the card?
Have you really taken a good look at the Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper? There are 13 coordinating colors in this designer paper. You get 12 sheets: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs. Just imagine all the wild projects you can make. Head over to my Facebook page and post your project using Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper and I will send you a little gift.
And here are the instructions and tips so that you can whip up this wonderful card.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ (COMING SOON: Basic White to replace the Whisper White cardstock)
- Mango Melody cardstock: 3-3/4″x 5″ plus scrap
- Melon Mambo cardstock: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 2″ x 3″
- Some other things to collect:
- Artistry Blooms Sequins
- Painted Labels dies
- Pattern Play and Well Said stamp sets
- bakers twine with silver thread
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Whisper White ink pad
- White embossing powder
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp ‘Cue the Confetti’ sentiment from the Pattern Play stamp set in Whisper White ink on Basic Black cardstock.
- Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Die-cut sentiment with a label die from Painted Labels dies.
- Stamp ‘Time for a New Adventure’ from Well Said stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Mango Melody cardstock.
- Trim sentiment with Paper Trimmer or Snips.
- Add Black Dimensionals behind both sentiments.
- Pull silver thread from twisted bakers twine. TIP: I use retired bakers twine. Pull the solid color strings. If you pull the silver thread, it will stretch and lose its curl.
- Assemble layers as shown.
- TIP: The curly silver thread can be a bit unruly. Add a strip of Tear-n-Tape or Stampin’ Seal to the back of the label and press the ends of the silver thread into the adhesive. Then add the Dimensionals.
- DESIGN TIP: Apply the sequins in a rough triangle pattern.
- Add a message to the inside of the card.
- Customize a Whisper White Medium Envelope. Use a strip of DSP on the flap for a quick pop of color.
This was a fun card to put together. My message on the inside will say something like ‘old adventure 2020, new adventure 2021.
Without change, there is no growth, and without growth there is not success.
That inspirational quote about sums up 2020 and I hope 2021. A good friend told me that we are all in the same storm, just not in the same boat. That is so true. This year has taught me empathy, compassion, humility, masking (not just a crafting term anymore!), and adapting to a new online presence. In the crafting world, we had to adapt our way of reaching our clients. In 2021, I will continue to adapt the way I reach out to share some of my talents and passions. Please raise a glass to 2021 and the successes that we will share together!
Today is BONUS day. Because TODAY is Brian King’s birthday. Please be sure to bombard him with good wishes for his birthday. Brian, this card is for you. You are AWESOME! Happy Birthday! (no gnome!)
I used the NEW Painted Texture 3D embossing folder. It will be available on January 4th. Put it on your shopping list. It is my new favorite embossing folder.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie. Julie is sure to share a fabulous 3D project that I can’t wait to see. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy