Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature hearts, so prepare yourself for lots and lots of love. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I wanted to share the Fine Art Designer Series Paper with you. When you open the package of this beautiful paper, you will ooooh and ahhhh. Then add some gold leafing and you will swoon. So hold onto your heart …
Here is my card project.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
Direct links to all the supplies are at the end of this post.
- Shimmery White cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ TIP: Use the Bone Folder to get a nice sharp crease on the scoreline.
- Mossy Meadow cardstock:
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ TIP: Quickly add layers using the Stampin’ Trimmer by counting the measurement ticks. 15/16″ is 3 ticks past 3/4″. Each measurement tick is 1/16″.
- scraps for sentiment
- Fine Art DSP: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Flirty Flamingo cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Petal Pink cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Old Olive linen thread
- Gold Glimmer Enamel Dots
- Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
- Heat & Stick Powder
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment
- Art Gallery stamp set
- Well Said stamp set
- Heart Punch Pack
- Dimensionals and Multipurpose Liquid Glue
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
Adding gold leafing is super easy with the Gilded Leafing. Turn off the ceiling fan, window fan, close the window and door. Remove pets and children from the area. Stamp the ‘shading’ image from the Art Gallery stamp set with Versamark. Add Heat & Stick Powder. Use your Heat Tool and heat powder until clear. It is now sticky and you can add the gold leafing. Carefully open the jar of leafing and remove one piece at a time. I use tweezers. Cover the Heat & Stick Powder with the gold leafing. Close the jar. Use your fingers or the cover sheet from the Adhesive Sheets to burnish the leafing. Wipe away excess. There will be lots of small pieces so be prepared. Admire the shiny stuff. Now you can turn your fan back on and finish the card.
Punch out hearts from Flirty Flamingo and Petal Pink using the Heart Punch. Emboss with the Painted Texture Embossing Folder. Admire the texture.
Stamp the sentiment twice onto Mossy Meadow scraps. Use White Craft Ink and white embossing powder. Heat set. Fussy cut sentiment into 2 strips.
Assemble the layers and add Gold Glimmer Enamel Dots.
Make several to sent to all your friends that you have not been able to visit during the last 12 months. You never know how much your card is appreciated. Bring a smile to someone’s heart this month.
THANK YOU – AND ON TO THE NEXT HOP STOP
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
INKING ROYALTY BLOG HOP LINE-UP
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach