Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Springtime, so I hope you are ready for gorgeous Spring colors, flowers and butterflies – and maybe some sweet baby animals. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have to say that I am enthralled with the Peaceful Poppies Suite of products. It’s spring with blue skies and children’s laughter floating in the air around here. Blue is the color I attribute to spring. And I love using Designer Series Paper (DSP) because it adds so much depth to my projects. Here I combined the ‘pigment’ colored See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper for the poppies and used minimal stamping. Here is my creation for the Inking Royalty Blog Hop – Springtime Celebration. I have 2 different versions of this card for your enjoyment.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Sahara Sand Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Sahara Sand Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for message panel inside card
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: die-cut banner and poppy outines
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: die-cut leaves
- Night of Navy Cardstock: die-cut poppy centers and sentiment
- See a Silhouette DSP: die-cut solid poppy and large poppy’s center
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
Put on some nice music and begin…
- Stamp leaves with Night of Navy ink using Painted Poppies stamp set and die-cut using the Painted Labels dies. If you use the single leaves there is no fussy cutting and you can die-cut 2 leaves at a time using the 2 dies in the set.. Use the multi-leaf stem and you fussy cut. Your choice!
- Stamp sentiment on Night of Navy or Black strip of cardstock (3-3/4″ x 3/8″) with Whisper White Craft Ink and heat emboss with White embossing powder. The ‘JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY hello’ can be found in the A Little Lace stamp set.
- Add white dots on the Sahara Sand card panel. There are 2 ways of accomplishing this step
- Use any stamp set with a cluster of dots and stamp with Whisper White Craft Ink Pad OR
- Flick drops of Whisper White Ink Refill using an Aqua Painter
- Whisper White:
- Stitched Nested Label: 3rd largest
- Poppy Outlines using Peaceful Moments dies
- Sahara Sand: (White ink should be dry)
- Die-cut 3 times per card panel with poppy stencil die. Use a triangle pattern. Cut entire stencil once near a corner then partial on 2 other sides
- Night of Navy:
- centers for poppies using Peaceful Moments dies. I added white gel pen dots to the center of the smaller poppy.
- Designer Series Paper: Solid poppies (large and small) using Peaceful Moments die
- Small stamen for large poppy from Peaceful Moments dies
- Pear Pizzazz:
- Single leaves using Painted Labels dies
- Single leaves using Painted Labels dies
- Layer the poppies. You only need a very small amount of liquid glue on a couple of the outer edges and a bit in the middle. TIP: If you are having trouble controlling the glue, squeeze some onto a scrap of paper and use a sponge tip (eye shadow sponges work very well) to apply the liquid glue. BE CAREFUL where you put that glue laden scrap of paper!
- Add Dimensionals behind the stitched banner, large poppy and on either end of the sentiment strip.
- Put liquid glue on the ends of the foliage and use tweezers to tuck them behind the poppies.
- Layer as shown or until it pleases you.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel, add a poppy/leaf cluster, and adhere to the inside of the card.
BLOG HOP LINE-UP
Thank you for stopping by the Spring Celebration Inking Royalty Blog Hop! Now spring over to the next stop on the blog hop. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss the celebration for springtime.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink *You are HERE
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
There are so many great reasons to join Stampin’ Up!. You choose $125 in product for one low price $99 plus tax. No shipping charges on this order. All future orders will be at least 20% off. You will have access to order new products before they are available to the general public. There is a wonderful support group for new ideas, designs, challenges and other fun stuff that is available to Demonstrators ONLY. To maintain your demonstratorship, there is a $300 quarterly minimum. If you decide not to continue, there is no obligation. Click HERE TO JOIN NOW.
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my clients and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)
Click “Supply List” for a clickable and printable list of the products!