I must confess that today’s card crafting journey was the result of mistakes and fixes. Some of you might consider a mistake only worthy of the trash. To that, I say, “Pish Posh”. Creating is a journey. And the sentiment Life’s a Beautiful Journey is perfect for today’s card.
Where do I begin?
- MISTAKE: Cut the map DSP the wrong size.
- FIX: Rounded the corners and added a frame layer.
- MISTAKE: Punched holes on the edge to make a journal binding look. Then did not like the way the thread made the card bulky.
- FIX: Covered the holes with embellishments.
- MISTAKE: Did not like the rounded corners on the map panel and frame layer because they looked out of balance.
- FIX: Roughed up edges with the edge of scissors.
- MISTAKE: Added sentiment but it was the wrong color.
- FIX: Cut the ribbon in half and frayed it. Then very carefully glued and tucked it behind the sentiment.
- MISTAKE: Did not leave room for the globe.
- FIX: Adjusted location of the card panel.
- MISTAKE: Card panel colors were not balanced. There was too much heavy color on the left.
- FIX: Added strips of the same plaid DSP from the globe to the outer edges of the card panel.
- MISTAKE: Roughed edges looked out of place on the card panel.
- FIX: Roughed up the edges of the card base.
- MISTAKE: See the smudge of Pretty Peacock ink?
- FIX: Leave it. Call it balance. LOL!
I am pretty pleased with the resulting card. It still looks a little like a travel journal cover.
There are no instructions for this card. Here is a list of some of the basics.
- Thick Very Vanilla cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ card base.
- Pretty Peacock cardstock
- World of Good DSP” 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Beautiful World Bundle
- Linen Thread
- Plaid Tidings DSP
- Flowers for Every Season: Whisper White Faux Linen Ribbon (cut in half)
- Linen Thread
- Detailed Trio Punch
- Brushed Metallic DSP: Gold
- Gold embossing powder
- Brass Foil DSP
- Designer Elements RETIRED
So what is the point of this post? Life’s a beautiful journey! Sometimes we just need to go where it takes us. Give yourself permission to make a mistake. Give your brain a puzzle to fix. And when in doubt, set it aside and work on something else. Your brain will solve the problem in the backroom and then the little brain executive assistant will rush in with the solution.
I hope you enjoyed this little irreverent guide to creating.
NEWS ALERT – ONE DAY ONLY STAMP SALE
Stampin’ Up! just announced
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 select stamp sets will be marked down 15%
This Flash Sale will only last for 24 hours, so you will need to act fast. This stamp-tacular sale only happens once a year—you won’t want to miss out on these super savings! Act now and plan your order so that you can make the most of the Flash Sale!
SAVE 15% on selected cling and photopolymer stamp sets only.
Click here to see the selected list of more than 50 stamp sets are offered with 15% discount!
LIMITED TIME – ONE DAY – PLACE YOUR ORDER WITH ME AND I WILL SEND YOU A LITTLE SOMETHING!
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Click on product image to SHOP 24/7