Thank you for stopping in today. I am so lucky. Stampin’ Up! provides such wonderful images to spark creativity. Today’s card uses Love What You Do flower bouquet. Do you recognize the watercolor background? It is one of the extras from my experimenting the other day. I told you they would come in handy.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ plus scrap for stamping floral bouquet
- Poppy Parade Cardstock: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Basic Black Cardstock: scraps for sentiment
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp the sentiment from Bold Labels and trim.
- Use diluted Balmy Blue reinker and Aqua Painter to create a light watercolor wash on 3″ x 1-1/4″ panel. TIP: Pre-wet area to be watercolor the paint the diluted reinker. Test on a scrap (or another panel) until you get desired the effect. If you make several panels, then you will have several potential backgrounds for future projects.
- Stamp floral bouquet in Smoky Slate on a scrap of Shimmery White and the dry watercolor panel.
- Color flowers with Poppy Parade (light/dark) Stampin’ Blends.
- Fussy cut the colored floral bouquet from the scrap cardstock. TIP: I used a craft knife to cut space between flowers.
- Using Smoky Slate ink, stamp background images using 2nd Generation stamp from Very Versailles and Artistic Textures as shown.
- Add Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment and floral bouquet.
- Adhere floral over the stamped floral image on watercolor panel.
- Tie a bow using Whisper White crinkle ribbon and attach it to the bouquet with glue dots.
- Layer as shown or until you are pleased.
- Add a few rhinestones.
- Grab a Whisper White Medium envelope and add some decorative stamping or emboss some silver splatter.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ cardstock panel, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
Thank you so much for stopping in to share the projects that I have enjoyed creating.
I hope that, in some way, I have inspired you to create and send/give handmade cards.
If you would like to purchase any of the products used in today’s post please order.
Select me as your demonstrator and use the current monthly Host Code. Thank you 🙂
All orders in March will receive a handmade card from me and a small gift.
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020 and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.