My Dad is the Best! Making cards for my Dad is so hard because he does everything. He is handy, a gardener, a builder, an inventor, a white chocolate mocha drinker, a reader, a retired Air Force navigator, and the best Dad ever. I am a Daddy’s girl and proud of it! Today is his birthday and I made this card for him. It came together pretty quick thanks to Paper Pumpkin.
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you should rethink that. I am always rooting through my Paper Pumpkin stash for stuff to use. What is Paper Pumpkin? Check it out HERE and subsribe TODAY.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Thick Very Vanilla cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ for sentiment punch
- 2″ x 4″ for stamping globes
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ for message insert (adjust measurement if framing)
- Misty Moonlight cardstock:
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ TIP: Line the paper up at the top of the Paper Trimmer. Then move the paper to cover the line just to the right of the 4″ mark for 3-15/16″ and the line just to the right of the 5-1/4″ for 5-3/16″. That will result in 3/16″ larger than the card panel for a thin frame.
- 3″ x 3″ for die-cutting leaves
- Brushed Metallic (gold) Foil: 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ for sentiment label frame
- Paper Pumpkin (October 2020) card: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Medium Very Vanilla envelope
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Stamp globes on Thick Very Vanilla cardstock with Misty Moonlight ink using Beautiful World stamp set.
- Stamp sentiment from Best Year stamp set on Thick Very Vanilla cardstock with Misty Moonlight ink.
- Die-cut globes using World Map dies.
- Add 3 Dimensionals behind one of the globes.
- Die-cut foliage branch from Misty Moonlight cardstock using Forever Flourishing dies.
- Using Timeless Label punch
- stamped sentiment
- Brushed Metallic Foil frame TIP: Cut the label in half and layer with a thin border on top and bottom of sentiment if desired.
- Add Dimensional to bottom of sentiment label and glue dot to the top of the label.
- Layer as shown.
- Trim the foliage and tuck around globes and sentiment.
- Add 2 groupings of 2020-2022 in Color Enamel Dots,
- Customize the envelope and message insert.
Don’t you just love how the foiled stitched lines give some movement to the background? I have taken a look at the upcoming January – July 2021 Mini catalog and there is a stamp set called Circle Celebration coming up. It has the same stitched lines. I can’t wait.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.