Let’s try a one-layer card today. Grab a 3/4″ of delicate surface painters tape. We are masking our card panel for a sentiment. Don’t have a 3/4″ of delicate surface painters tape? No problem. Cut a 3/4″ strip of thin (not cardstock) paper and grab washi tape.
Here is the card we will be creating today.
MEASUREMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Shimmery White cardstock:
- 8-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ for card panel
- Forever Fern stamp set (ADDITIONAL OPTION: Positive Thoughts stamp set)
- Ink Pads:
- Memento Tuxedo Black
- Balmy Blue
- Crumb Cake or Gray Granite
- Old Olive or Mossy Meadow or Pear Pizzazz
MASKING FOR THE SENTIMENT
- Line up the card panel on the Stamparatus and place magnets on the corners.
- Add the 3/4″ piece of delicate surface painters tape across the middle of the card panel. TIP: Do not burnish the tape down. Any tape, including washi tape, can potentially delaminate your cardstock.
- Put each of the foliage stamps from the Forever Fern stamp set on a clear acrylic block.
- TIP: Practise stamping on a scrap paper. Stamp each image 2 or 3 times. You decide if you like the lighter (2nd generation) or darker (1st generation) stamped image.
- Stamp images in an arc from the center point of the card panel alternate stamping between the top and bottom. TIP: Put a piece of scrap paper over the side you are not stamping to prevent overstamping. I move the small scrap around
- Add a random scatter dot stamp as shown.
- Continue stamping until you are pleased with the results.
ADDING THE SENTIMENT
- Remove the tape (CAREFULLY).
- Stamp the sentiment from Beautiful Autumn on the card panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Add some snips of Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty paper.
- Die-cut dots using the North Pole Wonder dies from edge of Forever Gold paper or Gold Foil paper.
- Add some Champagne Rinestones.
- Adhere strips of All The Trimmings Ribbon along top and bottom of sentiment. HINT: This is a great way to cover a little oops.
And don’t forget to add a little customizing on the envelope and message insert. I added a 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ piece of Foam Adhesive sheet behind the card with the ribbon and Champagne Rhinestones.
I hope that you will try masking for a sentiment. It is always fun to layer elements but sometimes we need some simple elegant cards and I think this fits the bill. How about you?
What Do I Need from YOU
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
PROJECT SUPPLIES (Click on product image to SHOP 24/7):
Order your Designer Series Paper today and take advantage of the 15% off on selected papers. Download this flyer and order it on my 24/7 shop.