I apologize for my peeping gnome. Fractured circle technique cards have been popping up all over. And I thought I would try my hand at a simple version of the card. I like a modern geometric card and creating with Artistry Blooms DSP is an absolute joy.
Here is the card. This version only uses 3 layers.
This is another easy card with a fun twist.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock
- 5-1/2″ x 8/1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ card base
- 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ for gnome and small die-cut circle
- Whisper White cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ for message insert
- Granny Apple Green cardstock:
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ layer frame
- 3″ x 3″ for large circle
- Artistry Blooms DSP:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for card panel
- 3/8″ x 5″ for sentiment strip
- 3-15/16″ x 5-3/16″ for message insert frame
- Night of Navy cardstock:
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ for medium circle
- 1/2″ x 5″ for sentiment frame
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
Die-cut each of the circles using the Layering Circle dies. Then use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the layers. Cut circle in half through all 3 layers.
You know the drill. The only difference this time is that you should ink up the stamp using a Night of Navy Stampin’ Marker and omit the snowflakes and bell. Stamp and fussy cut.
Stamp the sentiment from the Beautiful Autumn stamp set with white craft ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Then layer with Night of Navy frame.
- Assemble as shown.
- Use coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Layer the message insert pieces.
Wasn’t that a fun simple modern geometric card? You could leave out the peeping gnome and it would be just as fun. This is an awesome card for your teenager or college student. Tomorrow we get a little fancier by adding flowers.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.