Hello friends! Crisp air and falling leaves always inspire my soul. A friend of mine took this photo while on a walk in Wisconsin. I used this as inspiration for yesterday’s candle bands and today I have a nature-inspired Thanksgiving card to share.
Here is the card. Using the Gilded Autumn Designer Series paper for a background turned out pretty good. I still can’t help looking at the houndstooth print and seeing the Atari Space Invaders game. Can you see it?
- Thick Whisper White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ for embossed card panel
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ for message insert
- Early Espresso cardstock: 3″ x 3″
- Gilded Autumn DSP:
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- 2″ x 2″
- Bumblebee cardstock: 1″ x 3″ for sentiment
- Cardstock for Leaves: Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Emboss the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Thick Whisper White panel with Subtle 3D embossing folder.
- Using Square dies, die-cut:
- Early Espresso 2-7/8″ square
- Gilded Autumn DSP 2-3/8″ square
- Tie a bow. I used the retired 1/4″ Copper Trim because it lies flat. A nice alternative would be a double bow with Linen Thread or Braided Linen Trim (see this post for making a bow that lies flat).
- Stamp sentiment ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ using the Banner Year stamp set. Use Cajun Craze on Bumblebee strip. I also think that any of the sentiments from Itty Bitty Greetings are nice.
- Die-cut sentiment using All Dressed Up die. An alternative would be using the Pick a Punch from the Banner Year Bundle.
- Add Dimensional to the back of the sentiment.
- Grab a leave from the In Good Taste Elements and we are ready to assemble.
- Adhere Subtle embossed panel to the card base.
- Position the layered squares in the top half of the card front (as shown)
- Add Dimensionals at the base of the 1st and 2nd leaf.
- Crease the midrib of each of the leaves for added dimension.
- Assemble the leaf cluster as shown.
- Add the bow and wood leaf element with a couple of glue dots or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Adhere cluster to the layered square.
- Add sentiment,
- Customize the message insert panel and envelope. I used the smallest Stitched Triangle die to make a DSP corner. Then added a small leaf. TIP: Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach die-cuts to the envelope. Make sure that the edges are secure and do not flip up.
This card was super fast to create because of my mantra, “Make lots of elements that you think you might use”. In this case, autumn leaves. I have a little pile of them and was able to make several of these cards quickly. I look forward to seeing your nature-inspired Thanksgiving card.
Let’s Get Super Excited
- You can order from my shop 24/7 or contact me anytime with questions.
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
- What did you like?
- What would you like to see more of?
- Need help implementing a technique? Ask me and I will see what I can do.
- HOST a WORKSHOP or CLASS? Contact me to get on the schedule. I will design a workshop based on your desires.
- JOIN MY TEAM Purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is one of the BEST DECISIONS EVER!
- Visit my PROJECT GALLERY for more paper crafting inspiration.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN and get a different creative kit every month.
- SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG NOW!
- Ask me how to get your FREE catalog.
I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE YOUR CARDMAKING & SCRAPBOOKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.