Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I had a great time layering up Designer Series Paper and the Birthday Bonanza critters for this birthday card that I think any kid would love.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ plus scraps for pennants, party hat, and banner
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ to die-cut Stitched So Sweetly frame
- Crumb Cake Cardstock scraps for critter
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock scraps for critter
CREATING THE PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Stamp, die-cut, and assemble the koala and lion.
- Use a sponge dauber to lightly ink around the edges of the balloon. Stamp and die-cut balloon.
- Stamp and die-cut the balloon string from the Broadway Birthday stamp set and Broadway Lights dies.
- Heat emboss the sentiment on 1-1/2″ x 2″ banner.
- DIe-cut pennants from DSP.
- Die-cut frame from Stitched So Sweetly dies. approximately 3″ x 4-1/8″.
- Emboss the front of the card base and the white frame using the Layered Leaves 3D embossing folder.
- Layer as shown. I used the reverse embossed side of the white frame.
- Add Dimensionals behind critters head and the hat, then use Multi-purpose glue to adhere feet.
- Put a Dimensional behind the balloon. Adhere the ‘string’ to the balloon and tuck into the critter’s ‘hands’.
- Grab a coordinating envelope and add some decorative stamping. stenciling or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, round the outside edges, stamp a sentiment and adhere to the inside of the card.
More Card Inspiration:
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
UPDATE: BLOG CANDY WINNER IS JANEEN AT email@example.com. CONGRATS AND THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR KIND COMMENTS.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020
JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! TODAY
During Sale-a-bration there are super incentives for JOINING Stampin’ UP! as a demonstrator. I would love for you to be part of my team. Join between January 3rd – March 31, 2020, and in addition to the usual Starter Kit $125 worth of products for just $99, you will get a new exclusive Mini Paper Cutter (6″ guillotine), 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper sampler, and your choice of any stamp set offered in the current catalogs. And we will throw in some business supplies. AND you will get FREE SHIPPING. All this for $99. Sound like a great idea to you? Make a list and contact me. I will help you get the MOST for your $$. AND that’s not all, you get at least 20% off on all your future orders. BEST DECISION EVER!
Placing an order today? If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, Please add the Host Code for the month when prompted. I use the accumulated Stampin’ Rewards to purchase gifts for my customers and team.
If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.