Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “Gifts From the Garden.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The garden colors are alive after all our rain. Lots of pinks, purples, yellows, and blues. Today I am using the Positive Thoughts stamp set and Nature’s Thoughts dies. The background was created using patterned masks with both ink and embossing paste. Here is my card illustrating the Gifts from the Garden theme.
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for card front will be cut down to 3-3/4″ x 5″ after stenciling
- Whisper White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for card insert
- Whisper White cardstock: scraps for flowers
- Soft Sea Foam Pizzazz cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for leaf clusters
- Vellum: 1″ x 4″ for sentiment
CREATING THE BACKGROUND
- This background was created with the residue from my earlier stenciled card post. See that post HERE. After stenciling my background on that card, I spritzed the mask pressed it onto a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock. TIP: Anytime you stencil you can get several additional backgrounds with this method.
- Using the dot patterned mask and white embossing paste, add some randomly raised embossing. I angled my embossing from lower left to upper right.
CREATING PIECES & PARTS
- Take your Old Olive Stampin’ Marker (or ink pad) and wipe it on a craft mat.
- Spritz the ink with water and swirl it in a ‘Z’ motion to break up the really dark areas. TIP: I use my finger but it does make it a little messy. LOL!
- Smoosh your Soft Sea Foam cardstock into the ink.
- Dry and repeat until you like the splotchy look.
- Die-cut 7 leaf clusters using the Natures’ Thoughts dies from the splotchy Soft Sea Foam cardstock.
- Ink the flower from Positive Thoughts stamp set with Stampin’ Write Markers. I used Daffodil Delight on centers and Poppy Parade, Magenta Madness, and Calypso Coral on the petals. Tap the brush end of the marker around the Daffodil Delight inked centers with the petal color then come back and tap the Daffodil Delight. TIP: When blending markers, make sure you clean off marker by coloring on a scrap of paper.
- Die-cut flowers using Nature’s Thoughts dies.
- Stamp the sentiment from Bloom & Grow stamp set using Versamark ink.
- Heat emboss the sentiment with white embossing powder.
- Trim the card panel down to 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Adhere one flower to the background with Stampin’ Seal in the center of the flower.
- Using a Dimensional behind remaining 2 flowers cluster them as shown.
- Add liquid glue to the leaves and tuck them into the flower cluster. TIP: I use tweezers to help me place the leaves.
- Add liquid glue to the embossed vellum sentiment banner and layer on the card panel as shown. TIP: I put a thin line of glue behind the thicker embossed areas. For instance, on the left side of the ‘O’, the diagonal line in the ‘N’, the verticle line of the ‘D’, ‘E’, ‘R’, and ‘F’. Let dry.
- Trim sentiment flush with card panel.
- Layer card panel onto the card base with Dimensionals or Foam Adhesive.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop, which will be August 12th when our theme is “My Happiest Season.” The Design Team will showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
PALS BLOG HOP LINE-UP
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink ** YOU ARE HERE
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on any product image to SHOP 24/7):
BASIC TOOLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL