Hello, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop – Goodbye / Hello! This month our theme is “Goodbye to January-June Mini and 2019-2020 Annual Catalogs and Hello to 2020-2021 Annual Catalog” where the Design Team is showcasing their favorites from the retiring catalogs or products in the new catalog! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
There is always a silver lining to the Stampin’ Up! products retirement list. Out with the old and in with the new. “But wait,” I said, “I’m not done with the old.” Well, I would like to tell you that it’s OK! Go ahead and combine old and new. Use the retiring stamps, dies and embellishments. Remember one of the reasons that we love Stampin’ Up!? COLOR COORDINATION. So breathe deeply and enjoy this Blog Hop with projects from both the old and the new catalogs.
AND WE SAY GOODBYE
My project today was a result of a friend requesting a graduation card for her granddaughter. I like to find out something about the recipient. So I asked and found out she likes balloons, sunflowers, and butterflies. Her high school colors are White/Purple and her college colors are White/Green. I can work with that. And off I headed to pull out the Above the Clouds stamp set, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Garden Green inks and some dies/punches. Doesn’t Graduation say Goodbye and Hello perfectly? Goodbye, high school, and Hello, college!
In my head, I cued the music to the song “Up, Up and Away” by the 5th Dimension and began.
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 4-7/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for message panel inside card
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock: balloons and sentiment
- Soft Sky Cardstock: die-cut tag (This wonderful color was retired in 2019)
- Lily Impressions DSP: die-cut pennants
- ANY DSP with wood grain or basket print: punch baskets
PIECES AND PARTS (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Use white embossing paste and the brick stencil to apply the background texture. If you are a purist, you might want clouds instead of bricks, LOL
- Let dry for 15-30 minutes. This is not usually necessary but I wanted it good and dry before layering my elements.
- Soft Sky:
- Die-cut tag from Bonanza dies
- Stamp sentiment from Above the Clouds stamp set on the background. TIP: I used an acrylic block and practiced lining it up before adding to my background. Don’t line up the sentiment or overly worry about it because it will be covered.
I highly recommend both the Stamparatus and the clear acrylic blocks. Some jobs just need a block!
- Designer Series Paper:
- Die-cut 2 pennants. Cool how I incorporated the school colors here, right?
- Punch baskets for balloons. TIP: I adhered DSP over a scrap of Soft Suede Cardstock then punched for a heftier basket.
- Thick Whisper White:
- Stamp and punch out 4 balloons, 2 in each color. (See photo)
- Layer 2 balloons.
- Use Wink of Stella to add some sparkle to the balloons.
- Add Dimensionals behind one balloon stack (the one that will be in front) and the baskets.
- Stamp sentiments and cut out. I used Label Me Bold and Labeler Alphabet stamp sets.
- NOTE: The little graduation cap is from a 2007 stamp with the sentiment Hats Off. I do not know the set name.
- Layer as shown or until it pleases you.
- Grab a Whisper White envelope and add some decorative stamping or cut some coordinating DSP for the envelope flap.
- Don’t forget to make an inside panel for your message. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock panel.
BLOG HOP LINE-UP
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for June 10th, with our theme “New 2020-2022 In Colors.” We can’t wait to show you the newest In Colors in the Stampin’ Up! color family. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink *YOU ARE HERE*
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. What did you like and what would you like to see more of?
- Please use this month’s host code on orders under $150! Orders of $75 or more will receive a free gift from me!
- Shop the LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS before they are GONE!
- Stampin’ Blends will be sold as Combo packs only in 20-21 catalog
- Snail adhesive is being replaced by an easier to use ‘dot-type’ adhesive in two strengths
- Aqua Painters will be sold in a 3 pack – to include a broad brush
- Shop the Clearance Rack with discounts of up to 60%!
- Read my Reasons to Join and why purchasing the $99 Starter Kit is the best decision ever!
- Visit my project gallery for more paper crafting inspiration!
- Learn more about Paper Pumpkin.
- Don’t miss a blog post.Subscribe to my BLOG NOW!
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)
Price: RETIRED 2019