Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Layer It Up” – showcasing our favorite Designer Series Paper and embellishments. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose to use the Dinoroar Suite from the Annual Catalog. What’s not to love about a happy dinosaur? Here is my card.
The coordinating colors for the Dinoroar Designer Series Paper (DSP) are Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Pineapple Punch, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock and Whisper White. In the creating process, I just kept layering elements and having so much fun.
MEASUREMENTS (Supplies and Links are at the end)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Old OliveCardstock: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Dinoroar DSP: 4-5/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock: enough to cover back of the DSP with large dinosaurs plus a strip for the sentiment (3/4″ x 6″ minimum)
- Pineapple Punch Cardstock: scrap to die-cut egg
ASSEMBLY (use any die-cutting and embossing machine)
- Adhere the Pretty Peacock cardstock (or any of the coordinating cardstocks) to the back of the DSP with large dinosaurs.Layering a solid cardstock behind DSP before cutting gives your cut piece more rigidity. This helps tremendously when adding Dimensionals.
- Using the dies in the Dino Dies set, die-cut dinosaurs.
- Die-cut the egg image from Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment in Whisper White Craft ink on Pretty Peacock cardstock strip after wiping cardstock down with Embossing Buddy. Cover stamped image with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove excess and set with a Heat Tool. HINT: Stamp sentiment on the far right side leaving about a 1″ to align on the card front.
- Spread a thin layer of embossing paste in a diagonal pattern from top left to bottom right using the ‘leaf’ mask.
- Die-cut the circle and triangle shapes from any coordinating color that works with your dinosaur. Using the Take Your Pick tool, glue the shapes onto the dinosaurs.
- Assemble layers as it pleases you using Dimensionals behind a couple of the dinosaurs.
- Add some of the Dinoroar Enamel Shapes to complete your card
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 11th, for our Retirement Fun Fold Party when our Design Team showcase projects using retiring products from the Holiday Catalog with a fun fold card. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
Thank you! If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to work with you. Contact me.
Do Something Creative Every Day,
SUPPLIES (Click on any product to SHOP ONLINE 24/7)