Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “My Happiest Season.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I LOVE autumn. Those wonderful months between summer and winter. The warms days and cool nights when the air smells crisp and clean. The brilliant colors of gold, red, brown, orange, and yellow in the landscape. Hot apple cider, stews, apple picking, corn, pumpkins, squash, and sweatshirts. Then there are the festivals, harvest markets, and craft fairs. SO MUCH TO LOVE. It is entirely safe to say that My Happiest Season is autumn.
- Shimmery White cardstock:
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base
- 1/2″ x 3-1/4″ strip for sentiment
- 2″ x 4″ for leaves
- Pool Party cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Terracotta Tile cardstock:
- 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- 3″ x 4″ for foliage
- Bumblebee cardstock: 2″ x 4″ for leaves
- Forever Gold laser-cut Specialty Paper: foliage bits
- Die-cut cluster from Terracotta Tile cardstock and Christmas Layers dies.
- Prepare an ink pad with ‘baby wipe’ and ink refills: Terracotta Tile, Bumblebee, Pumpkin Pie, Merry Merlot, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, and Cajun Craze.
- Stamp leaf image from Rooted in Nature stamp set into prepared ink pad on Shimmery White cardstock.
- Blend ink onto the Bumblebee cardstock.
- Dry emboss leaves using Natures dies before die-cutting – 2 stamped on Shimmery White and 2 burnished Bumblebee cardstock.
- Burnish all the above pieces using a blending brush or dauber and the prepared ink pad.
- Gather a couple of gold foil leaves from the Forever Gold laser-cuts. TIP: Use pieces from past projects if you have them.
- Stamp Pool Party using the Stacked Stone background stamp and Versamark ink.
- Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Burnish edges with blending brush and prepared ink pad.
- Use Terracotta Tile ink to stamp sentiment from Rooted in Nature stamp set on Shimmery White strip.
- Burnish edges lightly with blending brush and prepared ink pad.
- Layer as shown.
- Use Dimensionals behind Shimmery White stamped leaves and sentiment.
- Add Elegant Faceted Gems. TIP: Place the gems in a visual triangle pattern.
- Customize the card insert and the envelope. I used the outside edge of Forever Gold Laser-Cuts and a couple of extra leaves.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 9th when our theme is “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” The Design Team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK **YOU ARE HERE
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies