Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects featuring “Sale-A-Bration Products.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments. We love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I was inspired by the talented Christine Versluis and her dots. And of course the True Love Designer Series Paper in the Jan-Jun Mini Catalog and the FREE Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration brochure.
I spent some time coloring the True Love DSP and had several elements ready to go. Are you ready to see how easy it is to create this card?
Stamp the Good Morning Magnolia image onto the vellum panel using Basic Gray ink. The lines will be blurred by the Stampin’ Blends and the alcohol to create a faux watercolor effect.
Color the image starting with the lightest color. Use Dark Daffodil Delight for the center. Dip a fine-tip paintbrush into the rubbing alcohol and gently move the color. I added Champagne Shimmer Paint to my rubbing alcohol.
Next, color non-adjacent petals with Dark Flirty Flamingo. Gently blur the stamped line. Let dry and repeat on other petals. Do the same for the leaves. TIP: Blow into a straw to gently direct the ink flow in the desired direction.
Add a second layer of color after the image is dry. Repeat the process of alcohol painting and gently blowing the ink.
OPTIONAL: Pick up some clean rubbing alcohol with the paintbrush and flick it over the image. This will create small droplets that will lighten some areas by moving the color outward.
Adhere the vellum panel to the Basic White cardstock panel using Stampin’ Seal or a light amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add to Basic Black card base.
Stamp the sentiment in White Craft ink and heat emboss with with embossing powder. Trim to you liking. Add to card panel with small black Dimensionals.
Customize the message insert and the envelope with some flicks of color from the brush end of the Stampin’ Blends.
Die-cut or punch several circles from Gold Foil Specialty Paper. Then emboss them with the Scripty 3D embossing folder.
Heat emboss the sentiment from Fancy Phrases stamp set on Basic Black cardstock.
Grab one of the colored florals from your stack (What? You haven’t already created a stack of fussy cut pieces from the True Love DSP? Get busy…)
Layer the elements and add some of the really cool Matte Black Dots.
Prepare the envelope with some personalizing and mail to someone who needs a smile.
GROUP PROJECT IDEA
Can you see how quickly you can create several cards if you have little piles of these elements ready? Each card will have its own personality. This is a great group project card. Each person can make the element that they are most comfortable creating (like a potluck) and then the creation and conversation can begin.
ONE MORE FOR FUN!
This one is for all the silly people who believed that I put the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set away. LOL!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 10th when our theme will be “Birthday Bonanza” where the design team will be sharing birthday projects that celebrate our family and friends. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
BLOG HOP LINEUP
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
Until Next Time